• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

Quote from: 76fomoco on August 07, 2019, 04:20:04 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 07, 2019, 04:09:50 PM
Why does one choose to get sick in the middle of summer!! Z   :doctor:

sounds like a bad choice!
as I sit here with my shoulder and bicep in a sling and of no use for me for the next 12 weeks. Good news is I now can wipe my azz with my left hand (right handed) without it looking like a 5th grade art painting.
This is now a few bad choices! As I could have done it last summer  :hmmm:

Brother the struggle is real. I had my right arm basically rebuilt from the shoulder down in feb. I had to use my left for roughly 8 weeks. The first 2 weeks were so bad, I basically gave up and just went in the shower afterwards.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

:o hopefully you were able to squat!  yeah, the docs paint a relatively rosy scenario compared to what you actually have to do to make it through.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 07, 2019, 04:12:52 PM
It is not summer.  It is monsoon season!  Feel better soon, Z!
True indeed! Thannks. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Quote from: SHOdded on August 07, 2019, 05:54:26 PM
:o hopefully you were able to squat!  yeah, the docs paint a relatively rosy scenario compared to what you actually have to do to make it through.

Oh yea the dr told me he was performing surgery again 3 days after what I had done. I find it hard to believe it took me 6 weeks before I could even hold a pen. And that was with PT. Monsoon season for real. We are getting hammered in NH today with thunderstorms.

SHOdded

Been brutal here too with rain yesterday and today.  Yesterday, we had lightning and thunder, thought for sure the MOAB had exploded right above our heads, LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Lmao! We got that today. It was shaking the windows at the shop. I've never felt that's right I said felt thunder like that in my life. Great so that means more rain tomorrow yippee lol.

SHOdded

ZSHO

I have been on the fence in regards to this Modern Billet Chrome Underhood Dress-up Kit and purely for Aesthetics!
The only issue is it does require a bit of modification AFAIK!

I think Ford Racing also makes a similar alternative and might take that route since Underhood products are very limited on this platform! Dunno. Z

https://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome-underhood-kit-2011v6.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Dealer called and said my Explorer is done. A leaky PTU was one of 4 concerns I brought it in for. They said the leaking PTU was re-sealed and didn't need replacement. Anybody know what determines reseal vs replace? I had always seen that the dealer tends to replace at any sign of leakage, and rarely heard of them re-sealing.

Since it's a warranty claim, is the MoCo trying to get me past the warranty period with a lower repair bill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

The ptu has 3 seals + the vent.  3 of them can leak ptu fluid.  1 can leak trans fluid.  So it depends which seal was leaking.  Internally, if an idler bearing assembly is determined to be at fault, they have a kit to replace it without replacing the ptu.

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on August 15, 2019, 02:57:17 PM
The ptu has 3 seals + the vent.  3 of them can leak ptu fluid.  1 can leak trans fluid.  So it depends which seal was leaking.  Internally, if an idler bearing assembly is determined to be at fault, they have a kit to replace it without replacing the ptu.

Cool, thanks, Z! From what I could tell it was only the rear seal at the driveshaft that was leaking. From Ford Tech Makuloco's videos it was the least common one, but he did comment that it leaks "often enough." :)

2013 XSport

5ohSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on August 15, 2019, 01:06:00 PM
Dealer called and said my Explorer is done. A leaky PTU was one of 4 concerns I brought it in for. They said the leaking PTU was re-sealed and didn't need replacement. Anybody know what determines reseal vs replace? I had always seen that the dealer tends to replace at any sign of leakage, and rarely heard of them re-sealing.

Since it's a warranty claim, is the MoCo trying to get me past the warranty period with a lower repair bill?

My SHO was leaking transmission fluid on my garage floor after only having 300 miles on it. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the inner PTU seal under warranty and not the whole PTU. I wouldn't be to concerned unless it stated leaking again.

SHOdded

Quote from: MiWiAu on August 15, 2019, 03:26:44 PM
Cool, thanks, Z! From what I could tell it was only the rear seal at the driveshaft that was leaking. From Ford Tech Makuloco's videos it was the least common one, but he did comment that it leaks "often enough." :)
In my "experience"/data gathering, it is usually a leak at the vent, a leak at the PTU-axle seal, a leak at the PTU-transmission seal, or a leak at the PTU-driveshaft seal, in descending order.  The PTU-driveshaft seal is WAY down the list of probabilities on our family of AWD systems.  More likely that the rear pinion seal at the RDU will leak, or the carrier bearings of the driveshaft will disintegrate :)

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on August 15, 2019, 05:20:53 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on August 15, 2019, 03:26:44 PM
In my "experience"/data gathering, it is usually a leak at the vent, a leak at the PTU-axle seal, a leak at the PTU-transmission seal, or a leak at the PTU-driveshaft seal, in descending order.  The PTU-driveshaft seal is WAY down the list of probabilities on our family of AWD systems.  More likely that the rear pinion seal at the RDU will leak, or the carrier bearings of the driveshaft will disintegrate :)

I didn't see anything from the vent. That was my first guess that it puked up top and ran down, but it looked dry on top. I only saw it around the driveshaft/rear seal, and the service rep confirmed that's where they found the leak. I first changed the PTU fluid at 30k, and every 15k after that, and it still wasn't enough to keep it from leaking. I also wonder if the other dealer somehow damaged the rear PTU seal when they replaced the timing chain. They pulled the whole motor/trans/PTU for that service...

I'll keep playing the game for now, but unfortunately for me, the Exploder will be traded in on a minivan just before the extended warranty runs out.

2013 XSport

SHOdded

It is possible that the seal was damaged during the timing chain service.  Check the invoice to see if the seal is listed on there.  That particular seal has to be marked/indexed at the time the driveshaft is removed, and probably was not during this service.