• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on June 09, 2019, 09:36:13 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 09, 2019, 08:50:15 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 08, 2019, 08:37:41 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 08, 2019, 08:28:50 PM
Random thought of the day.... maybe time to sell off the SHO and grab something different.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm why the change of heart! Z  ???

I might be interested in an ecoboost raptor....

Have you ever driven one? The only way I can describe it, is to take a kitchen chair and place it on top of your bed. Then try to sit on it. They are awesome trucks but they have so much suspension travel it feels odd cornering. Especially coming from a car that handles ok and reacts decent.

Not yet, dealerships are not letting people walk in and drive one.... around here anyway...

Looking around for a used one that I can test drive.

Also looking at a Tahoe as well... one of my favorite all time vehicles I owned was an 04 Tahoe LT w/autoride... had every option... 167K miles and still sounded like a well running sewing machine..

shoNoff

Quote from: bamsho on June 09, 2019, 08:09:08 AM
Yeah Rich Yaklin did a test years back.  He did Mdesign, stock, Airaid.  They were all in within less than a tenth.  With old IC, car never ran a 12.3 time in June.  It was always in October.

God this make my decision between i/c and hpfp even harder. I can't do both this year it's one or the other.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 09, 2019, 09:39:48 AM
Quote from: shoNoff on June 09, 2019, 09:36:13 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 09, 2019, 08:50:15 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 08, 2019, 08:37:41 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 08, 2019, 08:28:50 PM
Random thought of the day.... maybe time to sell off the SHO and grab something different.....

Hmm why the change of heart! Z  ???

I might be interested in an ecoboost raptor....

Have you ever driven one? The only way I can describe it, is to take a kitchen chair and place it on top of your bed. Then try to sit on it. They are awesome trucks but they have so much suspension travel it feels odd cornering. Especially coming from a car that handles ok and reacts decent.

Not yet, dealerships are not letting people walk in and drive one.... around here anyway...

Looking around for a used one that I can test drive.

Also looking at a Tahoe as well... one of my favorite all time vehicles I owned was an 04 Tahoe LT w/autoride... had every option... 167K miles and still sounded like a well running sewing machine..

I haven't driven an ecoboost one. So they may be different. A buddy of mine bought a 6.2 raptor to tow his race car. He had it 2 years and got rid of it for an f-350. He ended up buying a bigger enclosed trailer and raptor couldn't tow it. He was an idiot though you don't buy a raptor to tow with.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on June 09, 2019, 09:40:53 AM
Yeah Rich Yaklin did a test years back.  He did Mdesign, stock, Airaid.  They were all in within less than a tenth.  With old IC, car never ran a 12.3 time in June.  It was always in October.

God this make my decision between i/c and hpfp even harder. I can't do both this year it's one or the other.

Very hard indeed.  We all need both.  They go hand in hand for sure.  It's easier for me to go without the HPFP in the interim because I have meth. 

Meth+IC would be roughly 1,700.  Hope that doesn't make your decision MORE complicated
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

The ECU wants to pull fuel bc it doesnt know Meth exists.....so even after reducing my volume of Meth it still just pulls a little fuel......so if I had the HPFP right now...so long as I'm still spraying Meth it would continue to cut some fuel. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

StealBlueSho

Yea, if I sell the SHO it would have to be private party... most likely to someone in the community. No dealer is gonna want to take a trade on something that has been modified to the extent of mine. Not matter how good it runs/looks.

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 09, 2019, 12:39:28 PM
Yea, if I sell the SHO it would have to be private party... most likely to someone in the community. No dealer is gonna want to take a trade on something that has been modified to the extent of mine. Not matter how good it runs/looks.

Why are you considering selling it now?  You just did a lot to it. 

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on June 09, 2019, 01:00:48 PM

Change things up a bit... I usually offload cars right after I get done doing everything I wanted to do with them... Dunno why.. always have..

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 09, 2019, 01:07:43 PM

Change things up a bit... I usually offload cars right after I get done doing everything I wanted to do with them... Dunno why.. always have..

So you like a project.  Project complete you start getting bored?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on June 09, 2019, 01:12:10 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 09, 2019, 01:07:43 PM

So you like a project.  Project complete you start getting bored?

Yea, that pretty much nails it....

Couple a couple things left on the SHO... get the tuning ironed out, and the low pressure fuel pump addressed(pump has been developed, waiting on Matt to finalize it)... once that's done, the car is pretty much good to go..  The AOL tune puts down 450awhp on 93 pump gas...  the E30 with the upgraded low pump will be 500awhp...

Upgraded trans/PTU/RDU/motor would cost more money than the car is worth lol... so project would be done more or less....

I go back and forth on offloading the SHO every couple months lol.

802SHO

Its almost like a "Get out while you can" type deal.  If you keep it you know you'll keep going.  But still even if you end up putting more money into the car than what some KBB says it's worth....overall it might be the same price as a corvette....although be able to beat a Corvette....can beat a Corvette now...you know what I mean though.  It's still a great piece for anyone's treasure chest if you keep it. 

Macgyver

Quote from: shoNoff on June 09, 2019, 09:40:53 AM

Pump. You can do more with it than an IC.

ZSHO

I am fast approaching the 70K marker on the SHO and was thinking to change the Accessory Drive and Alternator A/C Belts for a peace of mind! There are 2 Belts IIRC! I will try to tackle these belts by next week!  Z

CONTINENTAL 4060450   

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1334343&cc=1503823&jsn=457

CONTITECH 6K1145   

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5405331&cc=1503823&jsn=452

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

There should be only one, the serpentine  coz no power steering pump.  The poly v is the better choice of the two listed in your post,  premium grade if you will.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Black Dream

"Don't you wish you were the person your dog thinks you are"

That is all......
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....