• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Today During this sub zero cold weather went to my local Starbucks for a coffee and PIcked up a large Hot chocolate with whipped Cream for a lovely Crossing guard which ultimately put a smile on her face while doing my good deed for the day while Trying to break the Ice.LoL. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Great new video by Brian (FTM) on which motor oil is better to use in these sub zero temps. Z
See Full synthetic motor oil flows better in sub-zero Chicago temps below.

https://youtu.be/6j2IP79XYyk

ZSHO

ZSHO

It seems the MOTORCRAFT SP-534 [CYFS-12-YT3] Spark plugs have a new revised part number and replaced by MOTORCRAFT SP580 [CYFS-12-YT4] Iridium. Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,ignition,spark+plug,7212

https://www.oemford.parts/oem-parts/ford-spark-plug-cyfs12yt4/?c=YT1mb3Jk

bpd1151

I wonder why the change?

Numerical and/or for inventory purposes?

Or an actual structural / design change in the product itself??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 10, 2019, 10:57:47 PM
I wonder why the change?

Numerical and/or for inventory purposes?

Or an actual structural / design change in the product itself??

Dunno @ the moment! It could just be a part Supercession or maybe the new Ruthenium Technology has made its way! Z

https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/ruthenium-hx

ZSHO

Has anyone seen this video!! Z  :o :o

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on February 12, 2019, 04:45:15 PM
Has anyone seen this video!! Z  :o :o

Wish I had this cam when the dealer put 150+ miles on my SHO when I dropped it off for my motor mount squeaking...

bpd1151

I wouldn't necessarily chalk this up as "abuse" in the true sense.

It appears that the tech (post the alignment rack mind you) was simply taking the vehicle for a test drive.

Other than a rare romp on the accelerator, it seemed overall, that it was just a simple around the block test drive.

I fail to see the perceived issue by the person who uploaded the video to YouTube.

SHOdded

I do see a lot of unprofessional attitude on the technician's part.  Sadly it is a common phenomenon among service personnel wherever you go.  They do it even with the client present, forget about when the client is absent ...

70 mph through neighborhood streets. 
Hard braking at lights and with pedestrians present. 
Stopping in the crosswalks.
Possibly not on handsfree while on the phone and driving.

Again, not uncommon.  Just stuff you do NOT want to know happened with YOUR car.

Only got one thing to say to this guy.  Try this in Germany, BRO, your a** will be handed to you so fast, you will wonder where the sunshine went.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Interestingly EcoboostSHO.com and TaurusSHO.com were both available... so registered both..

Thinking of creating a similar site as dragtimes but customized for SHOs... so you can sort by mods and tuners... dunno...something to do..

ZSHO

I wonder How these Mahle Turbos will Par up against the Oem Honeywells ! Z

$493.99 ea.

MAHLE Original exhaust-gas turbochargers are manufactured at production locations in Germany and Austria using modern, computer-controlled production machines to guarantee optimized precision to machine housing components made of aluminum and cast steel. Turbines are manufactured from high-temperature resistant materials and feature premium cast quality and precision balancing. This is the only way in which they can withstand extreme conditions in the long term.
To comply with very high quality standards in turbocharger production, a team of product and process engineers are permanently deployed to continue development in production, assembly, and test processes, such as high-speed machining, joining technology, coating with fluid and solid materials, or balancing.

Features & Benefits:
High-speed compressor wheels: provide greater balancing precision, optimized speed stability, and reduced running noise.
Double piston rings on rotor shaft: Reduce oil consumption and enhance protection against foreign particles.
Turbine housings made of high-tech materials: Achieve greater thermal stability and longevity.
Functionally process-controlled center housing: Attain progressive balancing of the rotor shaft, enhanced running performance, reduced abrasion, and less noise emission.
Electron-welded rotor shaft and wheels: Guarantee high strength.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?catalog=116&partnum=014TC24024000&a=avl10088000

StealBlueSho

Germans do make some good stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irondoor19

my Daily Thought:

Will my SHO Ever Be Right,
Will I ever learn how to Drive,
Will I go back to A late 60's Mustang.
Will this Mess ever get back together..?

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,