• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Quote from: ZSHO on October 21, 2018, 10:40:29 AM
I picked up two pales of VP-M1 for $40.00 even each. Z   :)

Boost juice huh.

Besides being "cleaner" . Any performance advantage over quality "WWF" ?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Macgyver on October 21, 2018, 02:23:26 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 21, 2018, 10:40:29 AM
I picked up two pales of VP-M1 for $40.00 even each. Z   :)

Boost juice huh.

Besides being "cleaner" . Any performance advantage over quality "WWF" ?

Huge difference between 100% meth VP-M1 and and WWF.... can't really compare the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

The VP M1 Racing fuel is Straight Methanol and known for its consistency and not having to worry about the mixing ratio is a plus...
Its a bit more expensive than boost juice but well worth it IMO!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I have been trying to troubleshoot a P0131 & P0151 which is related to the Front primary 02 sensors on both Bank 1 and bank 2 AFAIK since having my vehicle seviced @ the Ford dealer for a PTU Flush & Trans fluid exchange on my most recent visit...

They did have to remove the passenger side DP due to the oil cooler in order to gain access to the temp sensor plus oil fill drain plug on the PTU on my PP-SHO....

So it's from my understanding if the readings on bank 1 are different from bank 2 then It will send you to one bank or the other, since the problem is in that bank telling me the issue correlates from one to the other! Correct me if I'm wrong!  Z

I found a great article on the 02 sensors and more! I hope it helps someone decipher your concern in the very near future. Z   :)

UEGO versus Oxygen Sensor

Some vehicles use a different type of upstream oxygen sensor known as a Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen (UEGO) sensor. The EcoBoost V6 uses the UEGO sensors. This operates differently than a normal oxygen sensor. It provides a more robust (tolerant, less fluctuating) measurement of the air to fuel ratio. It uses the same Nernst cell to measure oxygen content in the exhaust gases.

Instead of comparing oxygen content to the outside air, it compares it to the oxygen content in a self-contained reference chamber. Like the old O2 sensor, it detects lean (more oxygen) and rich (less oxygen) exhaust, and the PCM makes an air-fuel ratio change.

The UEGO does not switch as rapidly or as much as a conventional sensor. At idle, you may not be able to detect any PID current flow (amps) movement at all. How can you tell if the vehicle has a UEGO sensor? Five wires run from the sensor instead of two.

Go to the IDS and check out what the datalogger recorded during the scan. The officer reported a driveability issue: lack of power during acceleration. Compare the seven PID values (volts, psi) at 1 second and then again at 15 seconds as the car is accelerating.

Sure enough, you can see the voltage change in the accelerator pedal position sensor, the cylinder head temperature sensor, and the throttle position sensor. You can see the fuel rail pressure in psi, and the manifold absolute pressure in psi, both change. And see the percentage of short-term fuel trim change. But what you don't see a change in from the one-second mark to the 15-second mark is the voltage on the throttle inlet pressure.

What does it mean when the UEGO readings on bank 1 are different from bank 2? It sends you to one bank or the other, since the problem is in that bank. PIDs for both sides of the UEGO are the same, perhaps a gasket or head. If the UEGO readings for both sides are the same, it means the fault is a system they have in common, perhaps a MAP sensor......

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I found a sweet deal on a four pack bottle of Heet @ Walmart.  Z  :)

$5.87

ZSHO

Motorcraft Now Offering Brake Pads, Coated Brake Rotors And Drums plus much much ....Z

http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/motorcraft-now-offering-brake-pads-coated-brake-rotors-and-drums/

802SHO

After last track day she's been sitting here ever since.  Literally hasn't moved from this spot.  Well that ends this afternoon.  I'm going to wake her ass up and go raise hell at the last track day of the season for New England Dragway!  New Personal Best?  Let's see 😈

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on October 31, 2018, 06:02:56 AM
After last track day she's been sitting here ever since.  Literally hasn't moved from this spot.  Well that ends this afternoon.  I'm going to wake her ass up and go raise hell at the last track day of the season for New England Dragway!  New Personal Best?  Let's see

Get her done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoNoff

Quote from: 802SHO on October 31, 2018, 06:02:56 AM
After last track day she's been sitting here ever since.  Literally hasn't moved from this spot.  Well that ends this afternoon.  I'm going to wake her ass up and go raise hell at the last track day of the season for New England Dragway!  New Personal Best?  Let's see 😈

I'll see you there buddy. Hopefully we both run some real good times.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

Eat Em Up there 802SHO! BTW Fixed the ^^^ PIC for ya.  Z   :)

shoNoff

2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile