• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

If it is the true bug eye,  that glass built transmission wont last the winter.. that WILL quiet him down.   
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Scott4957

Just use a broomstick to shove one of those tailpipe whistles way down inside his exhaust  pipe.

https://youtu.be/kiEMa_oWXz0

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Macgyver

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 12, 2018, 08:05:09 PM
Just a rant....

My neighbors son purchased a bugeye WRX.... it has been modded.... along with an extremely load fart can...he drives through the neighborhood like a jackass...  he revs is up every time he passes my house so I get to hear his BOV and exhaust popping all day long since he doesn't work.... and he gives me the stink eye....

I was getting ice cream for the Misses a couple nights ago... on the way home I see his ass driving and we meet up at a red light and I'm in my SHO... he looks over... I figured with all his stink eyes and reving he would actually step up... NOPE... won't run me....

I did ask him on Facebook if he wanted to see what he could do at a racetrack... meet up and have some fun... maybe settle him down a bit... NOPE....

For the record he is 19...

End rant...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesnt work but buys a car ?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Macgyver on September 13, 2018, 02:12:19 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 12, 2018, 08:05:09 PM
Just a rant....

My neighbors son purchased a bugeye WRX.... it has been modded.... along with an extremely load fart can...he drives through the neighborhood like a jackass...  he revs is up every time he passes my house so I get to hear his BOV and exhaust popping all day long since he doesn't work.... and he gives me the stink eye....

I was getting ice cream for the Misses a couple nights ago... on the way home I see his ass driving and we meet up at a red light and I'm in my SHO... he looks over... I figured with all his stink eyes and reving he would actually step up... NOPE... won't run me....

I did ask him on Facebook if he wanted to see what he could do at a racetrack... meet up and have some fun... maybe settle him down a bit... NOPE....

For the record he is 19...

End rant...

Doesnt work but buys a car ?

He got some money from the National Guard I believe and his dad paid for half. Could be wrong, but yea... not sure how that happened to begin with.

ZSHO

I was curious if anyone noticed there MPG Decrease in the last week or so!!!
I'm thinking maybe winter-blend gasoline is upon us!!! Dunno!  Z  :hmmm:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

I think you are right!  Although I am currently running a bottle of Techron CP through the tank and mpg usually goes down a good bit during that time ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

That why Ethanol is awesome... not for the MPG of course...

ZSHO

I was speaking with SHOdded personally on adding a couple of new sections on Forum board! Stay tuned. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on September 15, 2018, 09:44:13 PM
Suspensefull!  Need 🍿
Need to get a bigger bucket! Lol. Z  :D
:popcornandbeer

ToMang07

Quote from: ZSHO on September 13, 2018, 06:02:07 PM
I was curious if anyone noticed there MPG Decrease in the last week or so!!!
I'm thinking maybe winter-blend gasoline is upon us!!! Dunno!  Z  :hmmm:

I actually just recorded my best-ever MPG this tank.... 21.7 MPG!  Previous best was 21.4 but that was all interstate driving.

(I'm attributing this to the consistently cooler temps, not fuel quality.)
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

ZSHO

I noticed after a couple hundred miles of highway driving I'm back up to 18.1 mpg for the time being!
I initially found it odd that in matter of a few days it dropped from 16.8 to 16.0 with mostly city driving which was a bit odd !
The SHO runs better and stronger than ever with absolutely ZERO Codes.  Z

StealBlueSho

When you have two Ecoboost powered vehicles.... you set priorities...

ZSHO

Has anyone tried the NGK 97177 LTR6CI-8 Laser Iridium Plug!  Z

Laser Welded Tips
Trivalent Metal Plating
Longest Life Available

Gap: .031" (0.8mm)
Center Electrode
Material: Iridium
Type: Fine Wire
Size: 0.6mm
Projection: Projected
Ground Electrode
Material: Platinum
Type: Standard
Quantity: 1
Specifications
Warranty: 1 Year
Torque Specs: Cast Iron: 10.8-18 lb. ft. Aluminum: 7.2-14.5 lb. ft.
Brand: NGK
Heat Range: 6
Longevity: 100k Miles

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=40565

It looks like www.rockauto.com has the best price of $8.27 - ea

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,ignition,spark+plug,7212

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6572356&cc=1503823&jsn=471

ZSHO