• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griggs95

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 19, 2018, 01:29:27 PM
#WINNING !

Nice price...and 93 to boot, I'm jealous. 91 is my best option.
Is there any other thing besides gas that 9 tenths of a cent is acceptable? It's really $3.01 you're paying...funny.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

SHOdded

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 19, 2018, 03:14:05 PM
The shell by my house has terrible 93.... I always get some part throttle KR with it... sheetz has better gas my way.
Shell 93 is pretty consistent near me.  87 is variable.  If I go north 20 miles, gas is better regardless of station.  No idea why.  Safeway 87 up there >> Shell 87 down here lol.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I guess after a bit of research found that the Motorcraft air filter has a 98.5% efficiency standard which is about average for a standard filter.
I believe the Mahle air filter has a 99.5% filtration rate which is not to shabby IMO!  Z  :)
I have always used Mahle and Hengst on my Bmw and Benz with awesome results. 

http://www.mahle-aftermarket.com/na/en/products-and-services/filters/air-filters/index.jsp#airfiltersforpassengercars

http://www.mahle.com/en/products-and-services/passenger-cars/cooling/

http://www.mahle.com/en/products-and-services/passenger-cars/air-management/turbocharging/charge_air_cooling/index.jsp

MAHLE Drive With The Original 1000HP Mustang Twin Turbo Engine Build At Petty's Garage

! No longer available

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Well they say a dirty filter is more efficient than a clean one ... To a point.  I would recommend the Filter Minder, but it hurts the bling factor a little bit, plus where to install on a CAI?  LOL.  Does save on unnecessary filter changes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 19, 2018, 06:08:04 PM
Well they say a dirty filter is more efficient than a clean one ... To a point.  I would recommend the Filter Minder, but it hurts the bling factor a little bit, plus where to install on a CAI?  LOL.  Does save on unnecessary filter changes.
Off Topic but curious on how much black soot if any will be alleviated with the stock CAI & better paper Filter!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Better flow/oxygenations seems to be the key.  MDesign CAI and ethanol both have affected this change, ethanol to a greater degree.  possibly due to soot washout, but IDK.

StealBlueSho

My car is the king of soot... and I have no idea why... personally I don't really care...

It's only bad at start up... and usually only after I flash while the trims get adjusted...

Wish I had a stock airbox to compare...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 19, 2018, 08:40:19 PM
My car is the king of soot... and I have no idea why... personally I don't really care...

It's only bad at start up... and usually only after I flash while the trims get adjusted...

That's the very reason I put the stock intake back to see if there is any notable difference in soot!
I know there is a history of black soot formation even from new ecoboosts sitting @ the dealerships but only to a certain extent!
I think the black soot is contributed to the aftermarket intake IMO due to it not sealed up properly but could be wrong!  Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on February 19, 2018, 08:58:38 PM

That's the very reason I put the stock intake back to see if there is any notable difference in soot!
I know there is a history of black soot formation even from new ecoboosts sitting @ the dealerships but only to a certain extent!
I think the black soot is contributed to the aftermarket intake IMO but could be wrong!  Z

Has there been any noticeable difference? Curious...

I just assumed it was the excess fuel being dumped out the tailpipes during a cold start... maybe the CAI filter is causing it run rich? Not sure when the car switches from open to closed loop..

ZSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 19, 2018, 09:00:43 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 19, 2018, 08:58:38 PM

I think the black soot is contributed to the aftermarket intake IMO but could be wrong!  Z

Has there been any noticeable difference? Curious...

I just assumed it was the excess fuel being dumped out the tailpipes during a cold start... maybe the CAI filter is causing it run rich? Not sure when the car switches from open to closed loop..

Sometimes if the Air intake is partially obstructed it will cause a rich mixture! or the TB! I know some have reported less black soot with the MDesign But so many variables to consider!
It's only been a couple hundred miles with the stock intake but will surely monitor for any changes!  Z

StinkinLinkin13

Try going completely cat-less.... I can't park within a few feet of the garage or else two black splatters. Like getting inked by two octopuses. 😋
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

bpd1151

LOL @ "getting inked by two octopuses".

Ha!

ZSHO

Calamari with some fresh garlic and olive oil! Good quicker upper! Lol. Z   :D

StealBlueSho

Couldn't find my 10mm socket... and now... the whole garage is cleaned and tools are organized... found 3 of the 10mm sockets... I know there are more hiding..

SHOdded