• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Well, if we are going to get into this, I will up you one and call.  Diode Dynamics.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I appreciate the kind replies from ^^^. I tried the Sylvania zxe and the over rated Piaa in my other vehicles without success but just couldn't pass up the Osrams especially @ that price-point!   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Much cheaper than what I pd lol.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was curious if anyone has seen this intercooler?  thoughts! TIA!  Z
It seems the seller just launched! Dunno! 
There are two versions!
I wonder if any gains can be had! Probably only good for aesthetics!
CSF 6015 - 2010-2014 Ford/Lincoln Flex/Taurus/MKS/MKT Intercooler OE: AA5Z6K775B
$400.00

Intercooler CSF 6015
$168.30

https://www.ebay.com/p/Intercooler-CSF-6015/179228646?iid=122311087071&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44039%26meid%3D2e24750bc45e41caa7fc515fc4b86e2d%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D282603419917%26itm%3D122311087071&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CSF-6015-2010-2014-Ford-Lincoln-Flex-Taurus-MKS-MKT-Intercooler-OE-AA5Z6K775B/282603419917?epid=179228646&hash=item41cc79f90d:g:ysYAAOSwLWBZidbq&vxp=mtr

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Good Article on the PTU!  Z

Power Takeoff Units -new bearing design

The power takeoff unit (PTU) has been a service concern on some PI Utilities. There may be an excessive oil smell when driving, the AWD may not work properly, or the PTU housing may be cracked, leaking or noisy. The cause of the PTU damage is the excessive torque loading of the idler gear, which causes the bearing to walk (move) into the housing.
In January 2014, a Full Face Thrust Washer, FFTW, was introduced. This new washer was designed to prevent the idler bearing from walking into the aluminum case. In October 2015, a second change was made, in this case a loose-fit idler bearing. In dynamometer tests, this bearing design change showed a twice life improvement over the FFTW design.
In June 2016, a third change was made. In this case, a new bearing design, one without drawn cups, was installed. This eliminated the walk mode of damage. Dyno testing shows a three to four times improvement over the FFTW design. For both the PI Utility and PI Sedan, the PTU is covered under the limited powertrain warranty. All Ford Police Interceptors come standard with a five-year/100,000-mile Extended Service Plan for the powertrain.

http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=5858 . Z

SHOdded

A very important note indeed!  Perhaps a mention in a drivetrain topic would give it the visibility it needs.

ZSHO

ZSHO

Best Fuel Injector Cleaners 2018 – Buyer's Guide and Reviews.
      February 1, 2018!  Z

https://www.yourbestpicks.com/best-fuel-injector-cleaners/  .Z

StealBlueSho

Sometimes I forget how BIG these cars are... between the tune and the Megan's it's pretty easy....

Walking out of the store today my car (which I managed to get a parking spot up front) I noticed dwarfed everything but the trucks in the parking lot...

She is one big ol' B!tch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

ZSHO

I haven't been feeling my best as of late so the wife cooked her signature dish.  Z

SHOdded

Awwww, too sweet!  You are a fortunate man, Z!

StealBlueSho

What's up with the bright colored tow hooks on the back of the tegras?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irondoor19

Out making a Delivery to a Customer,  Leaving after it was Done,
Caught a Curb with the Brand New Rear Goodyear, and Wasted it,
Spare was oddly the Wrong size (1" plus Bigger) So advance trac
did not like this, I had another New Used one mounted, and Ordered
One More New One, Now 117.00 on Ebay....
and the traction Control is still giving me Fits, May have cleared up TODAY.
SO Why is every time I turn Around it cost me another Hundo.....?
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded