• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomc111

you all drive to much i dive my car about 5,000 miles a year, now my work truck is a different story thats closer to 80,000
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

DJE624

I just saw that Land Rover commercial again and I'm wondering if any late model SHOs have done Pikes Peak. 

PopolZ

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

DJE624

Good luck!  Thanks for the pretty picture.  What are you doing?

PopolZ

GTR turbo swap... one of them is bad (leaking A LOT of oil through the seals) and I'm swapping both IF and only IF I can get those suckers out.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

DJE624

I wonder if anyone knows what a U0131 code is.  I had my oil changed today.  When returned to stock before I went in, it showed that code.  While I was at the dealer, the mechanic looked it up for me.  I saw the screen and it wasn't there?!?! From google, it looks like some kind of traction control maybe. 

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on September 26, 2013, 02:19:16 PM
I wonder if anyone knows what a U0131 code is.  I had my oil changed today.  When returned to stock before I went in, it showed that code.  While I was at the dealer, the mechanic looked it up for me.  I saw the screen and it wasn't there?!?! From google, it looks like some kind of traction control maybe.

That must SUCK! I don't have to flash to stock for oil changes--my boys don't care one bit.

SHOdded

Some type of "Lost communication with power steering control module" code, transitional in the process of flashing the PCM.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Eh, probably didn't have to.  Just being safe with new dealer.  Not a big deal.  I also get a renewed sense of what the tune does for me.

DJE624

Quote from: SHOdded on September 26, 2013, 06:40:54 PM
Some type of "Lost communication with power steering control module" code, transitional in the process of flashing the PCM.

Thanks Shodded!  That's weird.  It had the code before I flashed to stock.

I have had a few communication codes before.  I think they are just little mis-communications.  I didn't have it a week or so ago.

crash712us

I think thats fairly common for that to pop up when flashing tunes.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

DJE624

Thanks Chris.

I am also wondering why, when I lift at high rpms, they hold up there for a couple seconds.  Is this because there is no torque management?  I have to be careful to lift at lower than 6K or lower.

crash712us

Not sure I understand you Dave. If your describing lifting off gas while under hard acceleration. The motor continues to rev, I have experience as well. And I have chalked up to just being normal quirk. Also I have experience after several WOT's in a brief time. Such as dodging in and out traffic that throttle will be come unresponsive. And again I think the computer just know how to handle these changes as quickly as we like.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

PopolZ

Got scared last night when I got on the throttle and didn't see the meth pump light coming on... stopped hit the test button and the engine almost stalled but the light didn't turn on. So happy it's only the LED.

geswek

I'm about to drive 2-1/2 hours for a custom TurboXS exhaust for the RX8-R3.

TurboXS is based in Maryland, woot; gonna be a fun filled day of backroads cruising in the ol'gal.