• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Has anyone seen the Red Line 5W30 Euro-Series Synthetic Motor Oil.IDK. Z   Redline euro 5w-30 [/b]                                                              product=12304]https://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?product=12304                        ACEA Service Class   C3
API Service Class   SN/SM/SL/CF
SAE Viscosity Grade (Motor Oil)   5W30
Vis @ 100°C, cSt   11.6
Vis @ 40°C, cSt   69
Viscosity Index   164
CCS Viscosity, Poise, @ °C   63@-30
Pour Point, °C   -45
Pour Point, °F   -49
NOACK Evaporation Loss,1hr @ 482°F (250°C), %   6
HTHS Vis, cP @150°C, ASTM D4741    3.7     
Redline 5w-30                                                                                    ACEA Service Class   A3 B3/B4
API Service Class   SN/SM/SL/CF
SAE Viscosity Grade (Motor Oil)   5W30
Vis @ 100°C, cSt   11.9
Vis @ 40°C, cSt   71
Viscosity Index   166
CCS Viscosity, Poise, @ °C   60@-30
Pour Point, °C   -45
Pour Point, °F   -49
NOACK Evaporation Loss,1hr @ 482°F (250°C), %   6
HTHS Vis, cP @150°C, ASTM D4741    3.7
https://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=2&pcid=21

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

The specs are good definitely, but at least in Amsoil's "tests", wear & tear doesn't stack up.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

I dont know that i would use euro spec oils...many do but that doesnt always mean its ok..

They have different additive packs

They have a different level of SAP's...sulfated ash, phosphorus...we have different emission equipment and and those will affect them....in amsoil the euro oils are api certified but do not meet ford specs so they are not recommended

Amsoil is good at telling you what oil and viscosity and drain interval wont void your warranty

Wonder why amsoil seems to be the only one that displays the total base number?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

sholxgt

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ecoboostsho

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Gjkrisa

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

irondoor19

OK: So i have parked my 2011 SHO with Blown Turbos (to be repaired when i get the lift installed) , Sold My Winter Ride, and Low and Behold, I found a 2010 SHO with 47K on the Clock, Looks Like PP, with 20's, and the price is right, Trying to run the Window Sticker (for 2 days) also ran my 2011, that i was able to get one when i bought it, but the Site says Check back later. Any Suggestions from the group would be appreciated... ;D

HEY.. I figured it out,
Just ordered it from Ford Racing,
as usual, a little more reading,
and we are all good...

WELL I am now a NEW/Used owner of a 2010 SHO, With 20" from the factory, Still Confused if this is a PP, as A Run Sheet from a Ford DEALER, says 2.77 Ratio, But as this is now my winter Ride, I guess I do not Care, The Window Sticker is 2-3 Weeks Away, and i had Ford Performance
read me the Options 20" Wheels were 695.00 ADD, SO,
IN 2010 CAN you Get 20" with the 2.77 Axle Ratio.....?

47K Miles, Pearl White, All the Options At the Time,  Real Clean for 16K out the Door..???
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

So is congrats in order new ride and all?  Count youself among the lucky who can get a certificate, 14 and up are still SOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was truly hoping the one and only BiGMaC would finally make his return to our forum and truly miss his presence and insight,fingers crossed.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Life's been keeping him busy from what I understand.  Work & family & being a grandfather etc ...

gladams

Our 13 SHO, I park the SHO in the garage and secure it completely. When I come out the next morning the front windows and sunroof are open. We thought the remote was hitting something in the wife's purse or while in my pocket. So we put the remotes away from everything and it still occurs. While it was parked in the garage, we went on a trip in the fusion, and when we returned the windows were open and the remotes were hidden away in the house. Has anybody else had this problem? The SHO just went over 18k and is out of the 36mo warranty. Thanks 
2013 SHO mineral gray,  airaid CAI, Corsa exhaust
Traded the 2014 Fusion Titanium for........
2012 Mustang GT sterling gray 5.0 6sp manual. Roush CAI, Noise delete kit, lower control arm brace.

ZSHO

It happened to me once while it was snowing and it surely wasnt a pleasant experience.....Did you try turning off the remote function for the windows on the left side of the instrument cluster?  Z

SHOdded

Are you still on the original battery, or did you have it replaced (car battery)?

gladams

I will try turning off the global window feature. Yes it is the original battery. I would hope that FORD was not that dumb to have the windows come down when the battery grows weak. My past fords the drivers door would unlock on a weak or dead battery. I will have the battery checked. Thank you both for a quick response.
2013 SHO mineral gray,  airaid CAI, Corsa exhaust
Traded the 2014 Fusion Titanium for........
2012 Mustang GT sterling gray 5.0 6sp manual. Roush CAI, Noise delete kit, lower control arm brace.

SHOdded

I am hoping for the simple solution :)  But yeah, unfortunately or fortunately, a strong battery is a survival tool ...