• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Here, let me point you to our favorite low-price distributor:  Peter Pan Inc.  Will even put some gleam into your paint for free.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: Vortech347 on August 16, 2016, 06:05:55 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 16, 2016, 11:19:33 AM
ATTN:All member's just wanted to share a "Random thought" with everyone but especially [new member's]out there and would emphasize that you can away's feel free to ask any question that you may have no matter how small or big it may be you can always feel assured that there is NO such thing as a Dumb question especially here at E.B.P.F and also if you would be kind enough to simply Introduce yourself by following this link and updating your signatures,thanks.:)  Z       http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

My mechanic said I need some 710 and my blinker fluid is low, where do I purchase that?
No worries,I can definitely hook you up at AA. LMK.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I truly hope any member's from the great state of [Louisiana] and there beloved family's are indeed safe and may God bless you and your family's especially at a crucial time as now and may God Bless you all.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Here is a great article on the diffirence's between the PI Utility and PI Civilian.  Z  Power Takeoff Units
The power takeoff unit (PTU) has been a service concern on some PI Utilities. There may be an excessive oil smell when driving, the AWD may not work properly, or the PTU housing may be cracked, leaking or noisy. The cause of the PTU damage is the excessive torque loading of the idler gear, which causes the bearing to walk (move) into the housing.
In January 2014, a Full Face Thrust Washer, FFTW, was introduced. This new washer was designed to prevent the idler bearing from walking into the aluminum case. In October 2015, a second change was made, in this case a loose-fit idler bearing. In dynamometer tests, this bearing design change showed a twice life improvement over the FFTW design.
In June 2016, a third change was made. In this case, a new bearing design, one without drawn cups, was installed. This eliminated the walk mode of damage. Dyno testing shows a three to four times improvement over the FFTW design. For both the PI Utility and PI Sedan, the PTU is covered under the limited powertrain warranty. All Ford Police Interceptors come standard with a five-year/100,000-mile Extended Service Plan for the powertrain.      http://www.hendonpub.com/police_fleet_manager/articles/2016/0708/what_s_new_for_the_2017_ford_police_interceptor_pr

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

-MANU looks like there stepping up there game a bit and great stuff....had mine performed at the dealer on 8/15 by the dates on my pics..Btw just love pic's lol...there is a thread that i posted last year if anyone is interested LMK....think they insert the liquid through the intake plenum and after wipe the TB clean.  Z   

SHOdded

I do remember your SHO having it done, just not which product was used :)  So it's safe to say it works?

ZSHO

IMHO and without getting into the logistics of the matter is does work and safely cleans any carbon buildup and noticed a smoother idle and overall better power and would emphasize only to have it done if you are experiencing a rough idle accompanied by poor gas mileage and loss of power and should only be done on a low mileage vehicle and should be done every 30k basis,think the Ford dealer charged me 89.95 for this procedure and of course there is videos and claims that do not support such procedure or method from being performed but sometimes you need to give it a try especially if there is no other options or alternatives available if done so in a timely manner and only on a last resort basis.  Z

sholxgt

The dealership my wife works at does a similar service and recommends the procedure.

I agree with Z and would add that, if it's being done at the dealership and you are under warranty, you don't have much to loose.  In the event that it does cause turbo damage (which I believe is the main concern), you still have a warranty in place. 

If you do it outside of the dealership and it leads to failure, they could then refuse repair based on the procedure causing the failure.  That is of course, if they figure out you had it done.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

panther427

Well it finally died. The battery died 33 months since the purchase of the car.  Think it had a bad cell was only at 10,2 volts and something like 300cca.   I have been trying to get a new one for a while as the car would not stay on in accessory mode for more than 10 minute with out a notice about turning car off to save battery power. Anyways. I am not very impressed with ford. This car has had what 6 or 7 recalls and then another new one today. I have had to have my cats replaced. Trans leaked fixed. Suspension work. A part for the HVAC system. Need to take a look at my shocks again as they where starting to leak. And I have this popping noise that is very similar to how a locked diff sounds on dry pavement. Of course this only happens when I have it. The dealer can not reproduce.   I need to check to see if I'm getting oil in my spark plug valley again.
2013 SHO

SHOdded

How much did you have to pay for out of pocket?

panther427

The battery was covered under the 3 year 36k warranty. So I didn't have to pay
2013 SHO

ZSHO

Quote from: panther427 on August 25, 2016, 08:42:28 AM
Well it finally died. The battery died 33 months since the purchase of the car.  Think it had a bad cell was only at 10,2 volts and something like 300cca.   I have been trying to get a new one for a while as the car would not stay on in accessory mode for more than 10 minute with out a notice about turning car off to save battery power. Anyways. I am not very impressed with ford. This car has had what 6 or 7 recalls and then another new one today. I have had to have my cats replaced. Trans leaked fixed. Suspension work. A part for the HVAC system. Need to take a look at my shocks again as they where starting to leak. And I have this popping noise that is very similar to how a locked diff sounds on dry pavement. Of course this only happens when I have it. The dealer can not reproduce.   I need to check to see if I'm getting oil in my spark plug valley again.
Definitely feel for ya Panther....but the vehicle will always turn on the battery saver management on the display screen in order to protect itself while in accessory mode after ten minutes,best of luck to ya.  Z

sholxgt

How often did you run it for 10 min at a time in ACC mode?  Wonder if that helped the battery towards it's demise.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

QuickSilver

Quote from: ZSHO on August 24, 2016, 09:40:02 AM
IMHO and without getting into the logistics of the matter is does work and safely cleans any carbon buildup and noticed a smoother idle and overall better power and would emphasize only to have it done if you are experiencing a rough idle accompanied by poor gas mileage and loss of power and should only be done on a low mileage vehicle and should be done every 30k basis,think the Ford dealer charged me 89.95 for this procedure and of course there is videos and claims that do not support such procedure or method from being performed but sometimes you need to give it a try especially if there is no other options or alternatives available if done so in a timely manner and only on a last resort basis.  Z

^This   I just turned over 72K miles and have noticed in the last couple weeks a stumble/rough idle.  I was thinking I had a motor mount going out after 70K miles of regularly barking second gear. Since it feels like the whole drivetrain is coming apart every time  on a WOT 1-2 upshift I figured the too-soft-from-day-one mounts were giving it up early-ish.
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...