• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopolZ

If only our cars were 500-750lbs lighter
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

geswek

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 12, 2013, 08:55:11 AMNo matter how much you modify somebody will be faster, always! No matter how much money you have somebody has more, always!
I bought my Flex because I could fit in it and eventually I could make it "quick". A 12 second car rules 90% of the street but there's still 10% out there that will kick your ass. Keep going down in times and that percentage keeps going down. A GT500 give you way more power but also way less traction on the street, I've beat them at the track due to wheel spin.
Have fun with whatever you decide but just remember that a GT500 will get destroyed by a GT-R :)

Oh I'm just going to upgrade turbos and meth and have fun AHHA.

I still love my SHO.

:beer:

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: geswek on July 12, 2013, 09:15:59 AM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 12, 2013, 08:55:11 AMNo matter how much you modify somebody will be faster, always! No matter how much money you have somebody has more, always!
I bought my Flex because I could fit in it and eventually I could make it "quick". A 12 second car rules 90% of the street but there's still 10% out there that will kick your ass. Keep going down in times and that percentage keeps going down. A GT500 give you way more power but also way less traction on the street, I've beat them at the track due to wheel spin.
Have fun with whatever you decide but just remember that a GT500 will get destroyed by a GT-R :)

I still love my SHO.

So when should I schedule you to come in and have these options installed?  ;D

geswek

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on July 12, 2013, 09:17:34 AM

Soon my friend!

Let me rearrange some things; maybe this winter we can schedule it since you'll have my car for about 5 weeks. It would keep it out of the snow too. ;)

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: geswek on July 12, 2013, 09:23:13 AM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on July 12, 2013, 09:17:34 AM

Soon my friend!

Let me rearrange some things; maybe this winter we can schedule it since you'll have my car for about 5 weeks. It would keep it out of the snow too. ;)

Well if you have your car here for the winter it may be parked outside during the day but it does come inside every night no matter what time of the year. We NEVER leave customers cars parked outside over night. -Chris

DJE624

Quote from: geswek on July 12, 2013, 09:15:59 AM

I still love my SHO.

90% ain't bad.  Especially for a full size luxury sedan.  I love my SHO for the size, comfort, decent handling, great looks and of course the power.  It is the perfect combination for me. 

bpd1151

Quote from: FLIP-4-SHO on July 11, 2013, 10:45:19 PM
Put the SHO away for the next few days.

Tomorrow I drive the Shelby GT-C. Going to get stripes quoted.

The ones on the car are the 4th set from Shelby gone bad.

It's horrible.

Going to paint them on this time. Once and for all.
Holy flip'n bejesus FLIP! Quite the collection in that stable of yours!

Most impressive good sir.

Your son's 'Stang too looks just plain sick.....

Just had to address that 1st..... moving along, as far as your stripes go, vinyl can/will last for many years, but obviously paint is THE best way to go.

I've often (over the years) chosen vinyl 1st, and if it grows enough on me, then transition to paint myself.

The key to the vinyl is the various grades offered. Each "grade" of vinyl will offer not only a thicker mil, but also a higher grade of adhesive.

I myself tend to chose "Ultra Hi Performance" grade vinyl when it comes to vehicle use / application.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

FLIP-4-SHO

Thanks. There is more in the stable but pics were not readily available. I see the guy today on the stripes.

While out & about in meh SHO!

2011 Taurus SHO - 402A, PP pkg's - Multi-Contour Seats, Eibach Springs, AiRaid Intake, Custom Exhaust, TWIN TURBO & SHO Hood stripes, 2013 Fender vents, Tinted Glass... Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255/45-20 on stk PP rims

On Deck in order: Wheels, Big Brake kit, Grill & door handle paint, LED lights everywhere. Last but not least... A Tune

darreli

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 12, 2013, 08:55:11 AM
Quote from: geswek on July 12, 2013, 08:33:06 AM
Here's my thought;

I'm disappointed in my SHO. I was just destroyed by a 2.0L Supercharged Cobalt SS. It was enough to piss my morning off.

I really hope the turbos, meth, and 400awhp make a difference otherwise I may just say screw it and go buy a GT500 like I originally planned.
No matter how much you modify somebody will be faster, always! No matter how much money you have somebody has more, always!

Nice post 4dr and I completely agree. To be honest I've never lost to a GT500 on the street and have beat plenty of them at the track..because of traction issues. You hit the nail on the head..there's always going to be someone quicker than you

geswek

I'm heading to strip Sunday I think -- little excited to see how she handles with AWD.

DJE624

Have a great time at the strip and don't forget to bring home the 12 slips!  Hopefully, it won't be too hot out.

geswek

It's Cecil County Drag Strip in Maryland.

Supposed to 88F and the strip is below sea level -- not sure if that helps.

It's apparently the best strip in the 4 state area.

geswek

Heading out for a lunch date with a friend of a friends friend; aye why do I let people do this to me.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: geswek on July 13, 2013, 11:45:05 AM
Heading out for a lunch date with a friend of a friends friend; aye why do I let people do this to me.

Just saying... lunch is the express lane to the "friend zone"

Just Friends - Friend Zone