• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on October 08, 2019, 03:06:08 PM
Yes on my SHO.  It didn't come factory with the Navi unlocked.  My ST did. 

I used this exact video to unlock the Navigation in the my SHO.  It was one of the first Forscan mods I did to the SHO. 

https://youtu.be/KXZgSOOu87I

I can post my window sticker that says it doesn't have navigation, and I can post a picture of my functional navigation (that I hacked using the video and Forscan) with today's time and date if you would like.

I spoke about it here back in February.

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/navigation-on-13pp.138867/#post-1504679
Hmm interesting! Whats your Build date! What version Sync. I needed to get an AB File and have the APIM reprogrammed in order to work! BTW avoid messing with the Sync system it will wipe the NAVI! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on October 08, 2019, 04:06:19 PM

I used this exact video to unlock the Navigation in the my SHO.  It was one of the first Forscan mods I did to the SHO. 

I can post my window sticker that says it doesn't have navigation, and I can post a picture of my functional navigation (that I hacked using the video and Forscan) with today's time and date if you would like.

Hmm intresting! Whats your Build date! Thanks. Z

I will take a picture of it tonight.  In the video people are commenting across platforms that it worked for them. ST, Taurusa, F150, ect.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Here is the info for my car.  If you look at the window sticker you will see it does not have navigation.

Next is the my build of 2/12.

Last picture is my Navi active which I activated with Forscan.

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

That's interesting Easton. Thanks for the info.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on October 09, 2019, 11:07:29 AM

That's interesting Easton. Thanks for the info.

No worries. I just hope it enlightens other people that want to unlock it as well.

ZSHO

Thanks for the update Easton! Mine has a Build date of 11/12 which still has me a bit curious! Great alternative indeed and better than having to remove the APIM from the Dash.

Here are a couple of PICS of nine. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

No problem Z!  I thought it was common knowledge that you could crack the Navi if you had the SD card and Forscan if you have the Sync2/MyTouch system.  I literally just followed the prompts from that guy in the video I posted above.  I am pretty sure if your car has the ability to show the location from the "Where's my location button" you can enable the Navi.   

Actually thinking back....when I got my free Subscription to XM it didn't have the travel link. The option was grayed out.  Then when I unlocked the Navi it the travel link worked.  Then when I renewed, XM ran the vin and said I couldn't possibly have the travel link.  I told them sign me up for it anyways (I actually use it) and resent the signal and waited on the phone and sure enough it worked.  I bet when they ran the Vin and it said it didn't have NAV.  Makes sense now. 

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on October 09, 2019, 05:29:16 PM
No problem Z!  I thought it was common knowledge that you could crack the Navi if you had the SD card and Forscan if you have the Sync2/MyTouch system.  I literally just followed the prompts from that guy in the video I posted above.  I am pretty sure if your car has the ability to show the location from the "Where's my location button" you can enable the Navi.   

Actually thinking back....when I got my free Subscription to XM it didn't have the travel link. The option was grayed out.  Then when I unlocked the Navi it the travel link worked.  Then when I renewed, XM ran the vin and said I couldn't possibly have the travel link.  I told them sign me up for it anyways (I actually use it) and resent the signal and waited on the phone and sure enough it worked.  I bet when they ran the Vin and it said it didn't have NAV.  Makes sense now.
I did not mind removing the APIM since installing the Lockpick! How about the R-hand cluster ? Z

SM105K

I do not have the r-hand cluster. I thought about it, but didn't take anymore steps toward it.

shoNoff

Well it appears that my wife will be taking over the edge sooner then we thought. With the baby she really wants an suv. So I'll very soon be in the market for another vehicle. I've been kicking around an explorer sport. But the new explorer st drivetrain is so badass. Or do I just offer SBS some cash for his sho? Lol. My wife may divorce me if I come home with another sho. Hell at least they are big enough to live in. I'm just excitedly rambling sorry guys.

Black Dream

Get the SHO, get the SHO, get the SHO........... as you said it's big enough to be a practical family car, can haul a lot of stuff and definitely haul butt.  JMHO but it's a logical one.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

bpd1151

Agreed w/ BD.

DO IT!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

shoNoff

We will see. I will start the hunt once I can get some sleep. For those of you that care. My wife gave birth to our first child 9/27. A beautiful baby boy. I haven't been this exhausted, tired, proud, excited in my life. I'm going to take my time and find exactly what I want. The sho is near the top of my list for sure. I'm also going to look into an s4. I've always wanted one and never pulled the trigger. Like I said the explorer sport intrigues me as well. The Explorer st might be a bit more then I want to spend right now.

SHOdded

Congratulations, could not ask for a better gift :D  You will put to use superpowers that you never knew you had!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: shoNoff on October 16, 2019, 08:39:27 PM My wife gave birth to our first child 9/27. A beautiful baby boy. I haven't been this exhausted, tired, proud, excited in my life.

Congrats!

How incredibly cool. Time will go by so, so incredibly fast. Treasure each and every moment. Good, or bad. The latter coming in their teens.

Wife and I recently became empty nesters and I still often wonder where the time went.

Enjoy and revel in the life you created.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk