• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Chris_Flex

Quote from: ZSHO on May 30, 2019, 06:50:50 PM
COOL ARTICLE FOR ANY CAR ENTHUSIAST!  Z   :)

CSF x Gearhead Develop the Ultimate Intercooler for the Ford Taurus SHO
THE COOL WORLD
CSF x Gearhead Develop the Ultimate Intercooler for the Ford Taurus SHO
The Gateway Mod to BIG POWER! 

http://csfrace.com/csf-x-gearhead-develop-the-ultimate-intercooler-for-the-ford-taurus-sho/

https://www.ghtuning.com/product/2010-2018-sho-flex-performance-intercooler/

https://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/10/2010-ford-taurus-sho-named-i-esquire-i-car-of-the-year/
Great read Definitely my next mod!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Random thought of the day.... maybe time to sell off the SHO and grab something different.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 08, 2019, 08:28:50 PM
Random thought of the day.... maybe time to sell off the SHO and grab something different.....

Hmm why the change of heart! Z  ???

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Oh here is one for you guys to scratch you head on.  Yesterday was local car group race at BSD, plus Jensen race.  Well my car was still in showfield mode, mean stock air box installed.  Well first pass of the day was 12.41, then next was 12.44, with mid to high 1.7 60fts again.  Im going great, swapped back in the Airaid, mistake.  12.52, with mid 1.8s 60fts.  Ok, now Im confused.  We do our group race, I was 1 for 3, left the Airaid i  and delt with it.  So open time shots for Jensen race, I swap the stock box back in, and did 3 back to back passes.  12.44  12.40, 12.37, yeah interesting.  60fts were back into the 1.7s again.  Yeah really confused, but numbers dont like.  DA was normal gor BSD at 2300.  In beginning of May, I raced and was running mid 12.5s with the Airaid.  So seems my new setup likes the stock air box alot better.

Also a side note, while doing the 3 back to back passes, I did get to look at AIT2 while going thru the traps.  AIT1 read 80, AIT2 read 60.  I was thrilled at that.  Meth and GH intercooler are def a good combination. 

Yesh lost first round in the Jensen race, driver was getting tired.  Long day at the track, dial to high and broke out my .003.  Oh well.  They better be ready for the next one, I def will be.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

802SHO

Quote from: bamsho on June 09, 2019, 06:52:44 AM
Oh here is one for you guys to scratch you head on.  Yesterday was local car group race at BSD, plus Jensen race.  Well my car was still in showfield mode, mean stock air box installed.  Well first pass of the day was 12.41, then next was 12.44, with mid to high 1.7 60fts again.  Im going great, swapped back in the Airaid, mistake.  12.52, with mid 1.8s 60fts.  Ok, now Im confused.  We do our group race, I was 1 for 3, left the Airaid i  and delt with it.  So open time shots for Jensen race, I swap the stock box back in, and did 3 back to back passes.  12.44  12.40, 12.37, yeah interesting.  60fts were back into the 1.7s again.  Yeah really confused, but numbers dont like.  DA was normal gor BSD at 2300.  In beginning of May, I raced and was running mid 12.5s with the Airaid.  So seems my new setup likes the stock air box alot better.

Also a side note, while doing the 3 back to back passes, I did get to look at AIT2 while going thru the traps.  AIT1 read 80, AIT2 read 60.  I was thrilled at that.  Meth and GH intercooler are def a good combination. 

Yesh lost first round in the Jensen race, driver was getting tired.  Long day at the track, dial to high and broke out my .003.  Oh well.  They better be ready for the next one, I def will be.

Damn....has this info been shared before about stock air box?  I don't recall someone doing swaps at the track with an Airaid or equivalent intake.....thats some really great info and clearly the stock air box is wayyy better than the hot air intakes a lot of us have. 

Thank you for sharing.  I love the hood open look of my Airaid...but numbers don't lie....Ill be buying a k&N filter and dropping the stock air box back in for track day....maybe every day! 

Again...awesome info and thanks for sharing!!!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bamsho

Yeah Rich Yaklin did a test years back.  He did Mdesign, stock, Airaid.  They were all in within less than a tenth.  With old IC, car never ran a 12.3 time in June.  It was always in October. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

I think it has to do with cfm.  More cfm is not always better.  Might be pushing other components such an sensors and probably the tune past their limits.  I would think if the system is looked at in totality, with a tune correction, the Airaid would win.

But this is great news for those wanting to retain the stock box :). Maybe a k&n dropin can be tested next time!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on June 08, 2019, 08:37:41 PM

I might be interested in an ecoboost raptor....

802SHO

C'mon for the love of God lmfao
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

FearlessAZ

Quote from: SHOdded on June 09, 2019, 08:45:51 AM
I think it has to do with cfm.  More cfm is not always better.  Might be pushing other components such an sensors and probably the tune past their limits.  I would think if the system is looked at in totality, with a tune correction, the Airaid would win.

But this is great news for those wanting to retain the stock box :). Maybe a k&n dropin can be tested next time!

Would be nice once the EPP intake is finished to get some numbers. See how it affects intake temps and flow. Might see more than a tenth of a difference. See where it stacks up in the world of our intakes.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

802SHO

It's supposed to decrease WGDC by roughly 8% as well.

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 09, 2019, 08:50:15 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 08, 2019, 08:37:41 PM

I might be interested in an ecoboost raptor....

Have you ever driven one? The only way I can describe it, is to take a kitchen chair and place it on top of your bed. Then try to sit on it. They are awesome trucks but they have so much suspension travel it feels odd cornering. Especially coming from a car that handles ok and reacts decent.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile