• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Yeah but what gets ya going has to eventually stop. This snow was brutal for us. Like trying to stop on wet leaves.

SHO went fine cept for the stopping part.

shoNoff

Quote from: ZSHO on November 15, 2018, 06:08:50 PM
Random thought's of the day! Hmmm. Today's 1st snowfall of the season was Awe to see Herds of Chargers/challengers stuck on the roadside while looking @ my rear view mirror waving goodbye. Lol. Z  :ford:

Getting the same storm here now as we speak. 4-8 over night for us they are saying. Tomorrow will be the first time in the snow with the sho. I'm oddly excited to see how it does.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

Quote from: shoNoff on November 15, 2018, 10:09:50 PM
Random thought's of the day! Hmmm. Today's 1st snowfall of the season was Awe to see Herds of Chargers/challengers stuck on the roadside while looking @ my rear view mirror waving goodbye. Lol. Z  :ford:

Getting the same storm here now as we speak. 4-8 over night for us they are saying. Tomorrow will be the first time in the snow with the sho. I'm oddly excited to see how it does.
R U lowered! If not you should be just fine and enjoy the SHO in the Snow!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jims2015

That's one thing about the sho; I enjoy driving it in the winter almost as much as driving it in the summer
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

shoNoff

I have the h&r springs and brand new motorcraft struts and shocks. I purchased them maybe a month ago but held off on the install. I originally was not going to drive the sho this winter. But I gave my niece my other car since hers got totaled. So that made me hold off. I will say she was a tank in the snow this morning. I was very impressed with the car and the Conti DWS in the snow. Z does having the springs installed hurt the snow driving a lot with the lower ground clearance?

ZSHO

The lowered stance does affect some of the AWD capabilities especially when snow builds up and gets stuck between the wheel well and tire due to the lower clearance.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Sirius Xm Travel link is free now until Thanksgiving day weekend Nov 26! Enjoy.:)

ZSHO

MSD Ignition Direct Replacement Ignition Coil EcoBoost 3.5L V6.  Z
Part Number: 121-82576

$240.26

https://www.jegs.com/i/MSD-Ignition/121/82576/10002/-1

shoNoff

Of course the coils go on sale 3 weeks after I bought them.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

SHOdded

What a Duratec engine can look with proper maintenance and quality engine oil (ie, full synthetic)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I came across some good info on [Cut Open] Motorcraft FL500S - Oil Filter @ 5089 miles from 11/11/18 .Z

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4929885/cut-open-motorcraft-fl500s-5089-miles

ZSHO

I started up Red today with the coldest day of the year and Iater was Greeted by the Battery system saver off on the home screen!
I do have the upgraded Motorcraft BXT-850 for almost 4 years since it was replaced under warranty and has been working flawlessly....

I will try to have a parasytic Draw test performed prior to old man winter is upon us. Z

SHOdded