• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I just picked up a Craftsman 2.5 gal. Corded Wet/Dry Vacuum 1.75 hp @ my local Ace hardware for a sweet deal of $19.99
I figured I'll pass on the savings. Z  :)

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/tools/wet-dry-vacuums/wetdry-vacuums/2305696

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

Quote from: ZSHO on August 10, 2018, 01:48:15 PM
I just picked up a Craftsman 2.5 gal. Corded Wet/Dry Vacuum 1.75 hp @ my local Ace hardware for a sweet deal of $19.99

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/tools/wet-dry-vacuums/wetdry-vacuums/2305696

What can you Get for 21 bucks, Not Much, thanks again
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

ZSHO

Quote from: irondoor19 on August 11, 2018, 01:34:48 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 10, 2018, 01:48:15 PM

What can you Get for 21 bucks, Not Much, thanks again
NP Bud! enjoy.  Z   :)

ZSHO

Has anyone tried changing your water to coolant ratio since Optimal Coolant Ratio Depends on Your Climate for added benefits....

FWIW I was thinking of a 70/30 water-to-anti-freeze mixture and prior to winter switching back to 40-60.

Here's a good article below.....

Since the lowest freezing point is achieved at a 40/60 water-to-anti-freeze ratio, there's no added benefit to using more anti-freeze. Therefore, if you live in an area that will never see less than 26°F, your car's performance will most likely be optimal at a 90/10 ratio year round.

If you live in an area that can see temperatures as low as -10°F in the winter, but can also get to 95°F in the summer, then you're better off running a 60/40 ratio. However, if you're one that may get stuck in traffic with the air conditioner on during the summer months, you may want to make the switch to a 90/10 ratio until winter hits again to get the most out of your car year round.

Make sure to read your vehicle's owner's manual to find the coolant system's capacity so that you can figure out how much anti-freeze to add! 

https://www.ngk.com/learning-center/article/653/quest-for-the-ideal-coolant-ratio

NITSOOB

Definitely thinking of going 90/10 out here in this Sunny SoCal weather
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

Gjkrisa

Only thing with that high you may start to see rust
Quote from: NITSOOB on August 15, 2018, 06:55:26 PM
Definitely thinking of going 90/10 out here in this Sunny SoCal weather

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on August 18, 2018, 01:58:42 AM
Just got this in my newsfeed
http://www.underhoodservice.com/ford-3-5l-ecoboost-common-problems/

Its funny they mention a solution they found online it to drill a 1/16"hole in your CAC (Intercooler). THIS PROCEDURE CAN CREATE A LEAK IN THE SYSTEM!! HA!  Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on August 18, 2018, 07:06:26 AM

Its funny they mention a solution they found online it to drill a 1/16"hole in your CAC (Intercooler). THIS PROCEDURE CAN CREATE A LEAK IN THE SYSTEM!! HA!  Z

Yup! But it don't try to argue that point with the F150 crowd... they get all pissy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 18, 2018, 08:47:23 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 18, 2018, 07:06:26 AM

Yup! But it don't try to argue that point with the F150 crowd... they get all pissy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its simply not supported on this Forum! Z

SHOdded

For anyone dealing with stuck boots when changing plugs, a bit of PBblaster or wd40 can help in removing them.