• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 14, 2017, 11:27:40 AM
WTH???  You saw this happen???
Not me!! someone just posted today on there way to work.  Z
https://imgur.com/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

avidmotion

Should probably make it it's own thread, but a lot of weird things in manual...
Example, page 207... warning principles of operation concerning stability control and advancetrac in addition installing any stereo loud speakers May interfere with and adversely affect the advancetrac system install any aftermarket stereo loud speaker as far as possible from the front center console and the tunnel and the front seats in order to minimize the risk of interfering with the advancetrac sensors.
Or....page 290-291... Fail-Safe cooling if the engine begins to overheat the engine coolant temperature gauge will move to the red-hot area the service engine soon indicator light will illuminate the coolant temperature warning light will illuminate if the engine reaches a preset over temperature condition the engine will automatically switch to alternating cylinder operation each disabled cylinder acts as an air pump and cools the engine when this occurs to vehicle still operate however the engine power will be limited and the air conditioning system will be disabled.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

avidmotion

Page 121...AWD Messeges... change all wheel drive power transfer Unit Lube displayed when all wheel drive system needs its power transfer unit lubrication changed this message may be set if a vehicle has experienced extended periods of extreme or severe duty cycle driving see your dealer for service. Interesting since mine whined like a Milennial told no. Dealer said it was low, black and thick as pudding and scolded me. I reminded him it is a new to me, used certified warranty 3 year old used car.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

It was a cool morning with temps @ 42 degrees and noticed the Heat came on rather quickly,as compared to other times which would take roughly five min upon cold start up with the Reische 170-Stat on my signature.
I noticed the fans were on accompanied by the a/c on the control panel with desired temp set to 80 degrees.
I guess if you need the heat on quick during the toasty,cold winter months just follow the ^^^ steps.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ncole

Quote from: ZSHO on October 19, 2017, 09:01:46 AM
It was a cool morning with temps @ 42 degrees and noticed the Heat came on rather quickly,as compared to other times which would take roughly five min upon cold start up with the Reische 170-Stat on my signature.
I noticed the fans were on accompanied by the a/c on the control panel with desired temp set to 80 degrees.
I guess if you need the heat on quick during the toasty,cold winter months just follow the ^^^ steps.  Z  :)

My guess as to what you experienced on the temp control is that when you set the desired temp to 80, it turned on your defroster which uses the compressor just like the air conditioning.  Having the compressor on is used, I believe, to combat moisture to clear the windshield.  So if you are drying the air, it will heat up quicker.  I could be totally wrong lol, just trying to reason something!  I have long wondered if A/C stands for air conditioning or air compressor because that is a strategy used  by many cars I have had.

On a side related note, I have noticed that mine with the 160 from LMS just simply runs warmer all together.  On a warmish day with the sun out I am usually between 178-182, but it the early morning as of late it never goes below 185.  I kind of think it is a sensor issue, like it uses the ambient temp as a reference or something.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

SHOdded

How many miles on your SHO, ncole?  Coolant last serviced ...?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ncole

Quote from: SHOdded on October 20, 2017, 05:54:26 PM
How many miles on your SHO, ncole?  Coolant last serviced ...?

93k, not serviced since at least 52k when I bought it.  My warranty runs out at 94.5k, so I am getting it in hopefully this week to do all fluids except oil and maybe catch anything before the warranty expires.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

ZSHO

ZSHO

Its that time of year again for my annual N.Y inspection and without a Doubt should not have any issues passing my 5th emissions testing here in N.Y with the PPE Catted DP from www.ecopowerparts.com   :)
I think the hardest part might be driving without the Methanol active for a couple of days or until the I/M are in readiness state based on Torque pro. Z

SHOdded

You are now in the NO FUN, ALL FUNK zone :(

ZSHO

Its always nice to see more Ecoboost videos representing this platform. Z  :)

XDI-HPFP-Installation SHO

http://youtu.be/eqnewM691Fs

sholxgt

Quote from: ZSHO on November 07, 2017, 05:35:38 PM

Surprised this isn't getting more replies.  Isn't this a game changer?  Unlimited E85 tuning now seems possible.  Right?
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on November 07, 2017, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 07, 2017, 05:35:38 PM

Surprised this isn't getting more replies.  Isn't this a game changer?  Unlimited E85 tuning now seems possible.  Right?
It unfortunately lost traction since marginal gains to be had with the HPFP alone,unless you take the full E85 route and pump. Z

ZSHO

New Video from (FTM) On Picking the Right Engine Oil for Today's Modern Engines.  Z
MUST WATCH!! No longer available