• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

So i reading a dsport article about engine break in and way to measure if you are doing it right is by one doing a leak down test before during and after break in period two using a Dyno and controlling fueling and boost to measure showing a consistent improvement in power output and third measuring PVC system , measuring crankcase pressure

So I'm curious if the sho's have a way to log crankcase pressure or if ford actually has enginerd a way to reduce crankcase pressure? 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This was interesting also
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

I came across this oil drain plug for a fast and quick solution to stripped threads. Z

Accufit® Oil Drain Plug M12x1.75

http://agscompany.com/product/accufit-oil-drain-plug-m12x1-75-1-per-bag/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

2013 Ford Taurus SHO-Auction!!.Collision Left Side. IDK. Z

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24818932&RowNumber=0&loadRecent=True

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Ugh.  Needs to be repaired and put back on the road!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

I'd consider taking the trunk lid and those fancy schmansy LED tails on the cheap.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I think i'm pretty much done with any type of Mod after the - Goodridge G-Stop Brake Lines -12348 R installed,yeah right. Lol.  Z

http://raceconsultingagency.com/goodridge/goodridge-gstop-brake-lines/12348/i-495877.aspx

SHOdded

nice prices on that site!  Mostly for show, not so much for stopping.  But may be worth replacing anyway if the hoses look hinky.  Didn't make the switch on my SHOs, but just might on the Edge & Fusion.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 25, 2017, 05:03:33 PM
nice prices on that site!  Mostly for show, not so much for stopping.  But may be worth replacing anyway if the hoses look hinky.  Didn't make the switch on my SHOs, but just might on the Edge & Fusion.
MANU -For your Edge!  :) 13098 - Goodridge G-Stop Brake Lines-  Z
$110.00

http://raceconsultingagency.com/goodridge/goodridge-gstop-brake-lines/13098/i-497040.aspx?aid=9260877

sholxgt

I just shocked the heck out a neighbor/friend.  We were coming home from the same place and he was following me.

We have been in each others cars several times and talk cars all the time.  He knows my car is faster than his, but didn't believe me when I've told him that it can actually handle well also.  Firm setting on the dampners and it's pretty impressive.  He has a Civic Si Coupe with sticky tires so he just always rolls his eyes and tries to agree.

Well, the street we live off of is a VERY curvy mountain road.  Just like all the roads around here.

He tried, but couldn't keep up with me.  He said by the third turn he feared I had gone off the road because he could no longer see my taillights in the next bend.  By the 6th turn I hung it wide open and onto the short straight.  I finally saw his headlights at the end of the straight as I pulled into the neighborhood.

It truly is amazing what electronics and AWD can do.

Now if I could just find a brake solution.  They were garbage by the time I was pulling in and the stench was worse than ever.  The ESC just wears out these brakes something fierce.  Granted I was asking them to haul a heavy car down from what was possibly slightly over the speed limit after taking multiple up and down tight curves.  The first owner trashed the front brakes driving in this same area and I can tell that I'm going to trash the PP brakes as well.  Just not a car built for the aggressive mountain driving I suppose.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Fun times!  Need some Wilwoods!  If only they were not so almost unobtanium.  Maybe some carbonfiber brakes.  Is the road curvier than, say, Pike's Peak?  Worth a chat with Todd of TCE, as he regularly scales that peak.  Suspension and brakes need to be set up right.

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=38310&p=543394&viewfull=1#post543394

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on September 29, 2017, 12:03:32 AM
Fun times!  Need some Wilwoods!  If only they were not so almost unobtanium.  Maybe some carbonfiber brakes.  Is the road curvier than, say, Pike's Peak?

Yeah, looking for a less expensive option.  LOL.  Our Honda is fine with just a fluid and pad change.  My CVPI was fine completely stock.  Wife's new VW seems to be putting a hurting to the rotors already.  I see in that thread they suggest Carbotech's.  I see that everywhere and ran those on my Nissan SpecV with Brembo calipers.  Great pads, but not cheap.  I should probably pony up the dough and see if they end my battle.

Here's a road in my same town.  Don't want to show exactly where I live, but you get the idea.  I live on the same mountain range that is home to the Tail of the Dragon.

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

I almost added another RED HEAD to the Stable!!!!! So So Tempting.  Z   :-\

SHOdded

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on September 30, 2017, 07:41:29 PM
I almost added another RED HEAD to the Stable!!!!! So So Tempting.  Z   :-\

Your current red head is faster... more comfy... and is a wolf in sheeps clothing...

While that 5.0 is nice... it will leave you unfulfilled I dare say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Wait till he has LME twin turbo it.  ROOOOOWWWWWWRRRRRR!