• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Finally! First 5 cutouts in process of being made

Started by EcoPowerParts, April 02, 2015, 11:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I have 5 cutouts in process of being manufactured now. They will have a slightly different setup for the wastegate/valve but will still look the same for the piping.

Price will be $1050.00 and will come with 2 additional stainless 2 bolt flanges in order to attach to your vehicle.

I will produce 5 every 6 months, that's all I can get done right now.
If you want to get in on one please reply here and I'll PM you to get your information for deposit.
These are expected to be finished in mid May to ship out.

These are for off-road use only, they replace the factory 3rd cat prior to the resonator. On my Flex I went from 550 to 600WHP with the cutout open, I would expect on a stock vehicle with tune around 15-20 WHP.

These work off of boost reference, once you hit boost the cutout will open, while driving around normally the exhaust is stock sounding. If you want I can also provide the ability to install a switch that can disable the cutout from working as well for another $75.00 for switch with vacuum solenoid or I can shoot you links to purchase the products and make it yourself.

Here's pics of the original:

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FoMoCoSHO

Mike, what's the simplest place to tap for the reference line?

EcoPowerParts

I T'd into the brake booster line post TB for the cutout and for my BoV on my charge pipes.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

FoMoCoSHO

Ok, will you PM me when the on/off solenoid goes live on EPP?

I need another T-stat and the switch...

And is that LET tune price correct? $120.00?

Hell I might have to do a Unleashed vs LET tune throwdown for that price, you know, in the interest of science...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on April 02, 2015, 05:55:14 PM
I T'd into the brake booster line post TB for the cutout and for my BoV on my charge pipes.
So I could run a gauge and the switch off the same line?

EcoPowerParts

You need one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Motor-Products-VS12-Solenoid/dp/B000C8068Q

You'll also need a pigtail for it, I looked but can't find one right now as well as a simple switch.

Yes you can use the same vacuum source for both :) And yes $120 for a tune from Erick.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on April 02, 2015, 06:55:13 PM
You need one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Motor-Products-VS12-Solenoid/dp/B000C8068Q

You'll also need a pigtail for it, I looked but can't find one right now as well as a simple switch.

Yes you can use the same vacuum source for both :) And yes $120 for a tune from Erick.
So I need a pigtail for power, remote power, and ground, correct?

When power is applied, The solenoid physically blocks the reference air from hitting the wastegate?

EcoPowerParts

It's just ground and power, solenoid can work either normally open or normally closed as it has a through port and a vent port.
If you want the cutout not working most of the time wire it in the normally closed setup, if you want the cutout open most of the time normally open. Which ever way allows you to latch the solenoid for as little time as possible. I did mine normally closed so that the cutout was disabled.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on April 02, 2015, 07:13:45 PM
It's just ground and power, solenoid can work either normally open or normally closed as it has a through port and a vent port.
If you want the cutout not working most of the time wire it in the normally closed setup, if you want the cutout open most of the time normally open. Which ever way allows you to latch the solenoid for as little time as possible. I did mine normally closed so that the cutout was disabled.
Awesome, thanks!

EcoPowerParts

When I say normally closed as in the air circuit was closed, not as in electrical circuit :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on April 02, 2015, 07:17:10 PM
When I say normally closed as in the air circuit was closed, not as in electrical circuit :)
Roger that.

I will configure mine to be closed most of the time.

Cutout will be used for track, showing off, and ye old Sneaky Pete if someone gets the jump on me were I ever to participate in a friendly match to the speed limit on a city street.

SHOnUup

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 07:21:09 PM
Roger that.

Cutout will be used for track, showing off, and ye old Sneaky Pete if someone gets the jump on me were I ever to participate in a friendly match to the speed limit on a city street.
Nicely worded...lol

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

peppelepugh

Quote from: SHOnUup on April 03, 2015, 12:17:29 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 07:21:09 PM
Roger that.

Nicely worded...lol

Rich

With ear plugs provided for the little ones nearby of course! haha.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

14SHOCAR

Pardon my question here -- is this to bypass the exhaust all together?

Any concerns of heat buildup / flame under the car? I'd suggest maybe adding a heat / flame shield at the top of the unit. Is this for WOT only?

Is it electronically controlled? Pressure Controlled?

Can you hook it into the TPS?

Any concerns with boost pressure buildup in the cylinders if it closes during acceleration?

You got my interest here.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHO-Time

These look like really nice. Has beta testing already been completed?

1) Is there any noticeable "rattling" when the butterfly valve is in the open position? (I've had this issue with past vehicles with cutouts installed)

2) What material is the butterfly valve's seats made out of? Concern being for those of us in the northern states having to deal with salt corrosion in the winter.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*