• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Small rant

Started by Frozen Taurus, April 01, 2015, 11:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frozen Taurus

Nothing I hate more than getting my car back from the dealer way dirtier than I left it. Mud on the door panels and floor mats, dirty steering wheel and gear shifter ....would it kill them to have a guy do a quick detail on the interior before they give it back? I mean it literally took 5-10 mins to clean it .....  :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

IHeartGroceries

While I wouldn't want it back dirty, don't think I'd want their inept lot gophers wiping on it either. It's lose lose.
2013 SHO PP

AJP turbo

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 01, 2015, 11:33:36 AM
While I wouldn't want it back dirty, don't think I'd want their inept lot gophers wiping on it either. It's lose lose.

Inept lot gophers....I'm archiving that....hope u don't mind me stealing ur word it may be my new favorite insult to call people at the dealer and backyard mechanics lol I love it
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

wasinger3000

I found a dear that puts on the steering wheel covers, paper floor covers, and plastic seat covers.... after FoMoCo corporate called them anyways... hah.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

A modicum of sensibility in the service dept WOULD be nice.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Frozen Taurus

I mean it's not like I am bringing in a Ford GT ...but I take care of my cars year round, it never gets super dirty in my car ever. My car is always dirtiest after a dealer visit.
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers

SHOnUup

Dropped mine off today, they put a full seat cover (plastic) on and paper for the floor. I dropped it off spotless, see how they do.

I did catch 2 younger employees doing chest bumps, but they were holding new tires on their chest...so I guess it was a tire bump...don't know how I feel about that, but I did laugh at the time

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Wojomojo

I love my local dealer and the nice people that work there, but I've seen an oiled up dirty mechanic jump into my car many times without putting plastic on the seat. I'm too nice to be like hey come on! Oh well. Gives me a reason to clean it every time I bring it in!
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

vernonator

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 01, 2015, 11:33:36 AM

Amen to that - my dealer has a crappy brush spinning wash bay, and they dry the cars off using a damn squeegee!!!! I have to make sure to tell them - No Wash!!!

I will say my dealer does put covers on the seat and steering wheel and disposable floor mats in so the inside is never worse than when I dropped it off.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

anthonylee337

I can't stand leaving my car at the local dealership-I'm a freak about keeping my car clean and like stated above never request a wash! My worst experience is when I brought her in for the fuel pump recall-it smelled like someone poured a oil can in my back seat I had to bring it back twice to clean the top of my fuel tank. Because of that I had to keep my windows down for a week so by by new car smell!
2013 SHO tuxedo black ppkg LMS stage 4 K+N

welcome2thebigSHO

In high school I washed cars at a Ford Dealership, every car got hand washed when it came in for service.  Owner was real PIA, I can still wax black like no ones business.

Frozen Taurus

Quote from: welcome2thebigSHO on April 01, 2015, 10:03:35 PM
In high school I washed cars at a Ford Dealership, every car got hand washed when it came in for service.  Owner was real PIA, I can still wax black like no ones business.

I worked at a Chevy dealership and a small private garage....washed so many damn cars in those days. lol

IHeartGroceries

Hopefully I didn't offend anybody. But, let's be honest...
Alot of dealers just stick their gophers in the wash bay, if they don't have a wash boy. And even the wash boy is ignorant to paint care. It isn't his fault. He is just doing his job without proper equipment or training. Just a matter of youthful ignorance.
2013 SHO PP

panther427

You didn't offend me. My first job outside of farming Was a wash boy at a Ford store . all of us younger guys that worked there were car guys so we did our best not to damage a cars paint of interior.  All sold cars were hand washed then. And if it was a special model like a mustang or lighting new or used. We did our best work we could do on them. Even though it took longer and made a few sales people mad lol.
2013 SHO