• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dynolicious iPhone App Reviews??

Started by 14SHOCAR, March 30, 2015, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Anyone try this application? Thoughts?

Besides the 12.99 price of course.... I am curious how this works for 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

I actually downloaded "Speedometer xPro"

Dynolicious has HORRIBLE reviews.

I'll let ya know how it goes.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

Speedometer xPro is crap. The speed gauge is no where near real time during acceleration. I'm already doing 70 by the time the gauge reads 40. It then it magically comes up with 7.1 for my 0-60 lol

SMH
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

SHOdded

I'd always heard Dynolicious is one of the best apps for this need.  Something must have changed with the latest version.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14SHOCAR

I'm going to download Dynolicious to see how well it works on my iPhone. Its just money, right?
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

Dxlnt1

Its been a while since I used dynolicious but it VERY simple. Some nice graphs but I didnt like it. Cant remember all the reasons

Dash comand is a better choice. More features and better layout. In my opinion.

First pic is Dynolicious. Disregard the times as I had just gotten the saftware. Me toying around to see it in action. Second is dash command. Which was in line with numbers I saw at track.

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

14SHOCAR

How is the responsiveness to your relative speed?
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

Dxlnt1

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 02, 2015, 12:06:35 PM
How is the responsiveness to your relative speed?

Not sure I understand but if I do understand your question, the butt dyno is spot on. Car pulls hard in all gears at all speeds. I Don't rely on any of the smart phone apps to be dead accurate as there are a lot of variables to consider. and there is apparently a huge difference between wifi and bluetooth connectivity speeds for he obi II scanners. I Use it more as a guide to trend mods or conditions. The dash command pic was after I loaded my LMS tune. This pic I think was before. So comparing some of the numbers run together, seem duplicated and don't make sense. But I can trend car running a bit faster and quicker. But I don't put too much stock in a sub 5 second, 0-60mph, 5000 lb boat with the mods I have. Once I install DP's I expect maybe another quarter second to come off the dash command time.

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

ElvenSho

Try an app called StreetRace. Its free and seems to be accurate for 0-60.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on April 02, 2015, 11:23:05 AM
Its been a while since I used dynolicious but it VERY simple. Some nice graphs but I didnt like it. Cant remember all the reasons

First pic is Dynolicious. Disregard the times as I had just gotten the saftware. Me toying around to see it in action. Second is dash command. Which was in line with numbers I saw at track.

Dash command would be fantastic if you could select the gauges you want to display on the stock layout.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 06:14:37 PM

Dash command would be fantastic if you could select the gauges you want to display on the stock layout.

As I recall, you can. You build your own layout. Display gages either as analog or digital. Can be sweeping fill style, rotary and many more. But the track/performance page shown with times is limited. Again, this is all from memory. I may be confusing another software but Im pretty sure you can do everything that Torque for Android does, except manipulate PID's.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on April 02, 2015, 08:14:51 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 06:14:37 PM

As I recall, you can. You build your own layout. Display gages either as analog or digital. Can be sweeping fill style, rotary and many more. But the track/performance page shown with times is limited. Again, this is all from memory. I may be confusing another software but Im pretty sure you can do everything that Torque for Android does, except manipulate PID's.
Well yeah, but making layouts and gauges sucks in dashcommand. I like the stock performance dashboard bit since I cant snap in what it want, like fuel trims I dont use it much...i dont use the meters because it is just too easy to go to the track.

14SHOCAR

I downloaded Dash Command and it won't pick up the speed still. Its SUPER frustrating. Dash Command will pick up the lateral and forward g's, however.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)