• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Down pipes-Unleashed vs. PPE

Started by 11BLKFX4EB, March 28, 2015, 09:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on March 28, 2015, 01:19:13 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on March 28, 2015, 12:40:36 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 28, 2015, 12:37:13 PM
I have been working with Livernois Motorsports and made some adjustments and tweaks to my tune,the car sounds even better with a deeper growl,let alone better performance,cant wait to take her to the track.Z.
Oooh, do tell on the adjustments you've been making.

Rich
Let me start off by saying you have to know whats inside of a tune and have the knowledge to fully comprise on how a tune is written to fully attain its potential.LOL (adjusted the fans)lol.
Haha...I have a feeling....with the urge to track it and the tune adjustments being stated so closely together that there may be a little more to this ;) 

Fan adjustment = more growl from the pipes

When you throw down some new times I'm hoping for some news to trickle down.

I'm a little excited now about you being excited to get to the track with this tune adjustment.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Luckily only one of us is named "Thomas" ;)  Never doubt our undoubtedness, Z!  If this is the case, this feeling is a boil that needs lancing.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on March 28, 2015, 01:26:37 PM
Luckily only one of us is named "Thomas" ;)  Never doubt our undoubtedness, Z!  If this is the case, this feeling is a boil that needs lancing.
I did put LOL at the end of of the sentence implying it was a joke in regards to doubts,what exactly where you implying,thanks.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on March 28, 2015, 01:24:11 PM
I find it hurtful that my three best friends have doubts or skeptism,LOL
Just some playful banter buddy...figured I could get away with it with you.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

I apologize if i offended anyone if thats the case,thanks Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 28, 2015, 12:29:26 PM
Watch Z's videos with his DPs and Corsa.... sounds awesome.  I'll be copying his setup in the next couple of months.
Havent you had that Corsa for like 6 months now??! Lol
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on March 28, 2015, 02:56:57 PM
Not at all here...hope I didn't offend you. Context...the missing link

Rich

11BLKFX4EB

The PPE pipes are really a 2-3 week wait? That kinda sucks...

Does anyone have the Unleashed pipes and can verify any fitment issues?

BiGMaC

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on March 28, 2015, 03:47:43 PM

Pick the one you want.  All of them are limited production (like our cars, LOL)...so finding them in stock is just luck of the draw.  I do love my PPEs... and the black ceramic coating Paul put on them.  Many are happy with Unleashed also... I only question connecting a 2.25" header to a 3" pipe...and then back to a 2.25" pipe...I don't think it hurts, but must question if it helps... Can't find any objective data on this.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

PokerMunkee

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on March 28, 2015, 03:32:08 PM
Watch Z's videos with his DPs and Corsa.... sounds awesome.  I'll be copying his setup in the next couple of months.

Sadly, yes.  I just am too busy to find time to jack up my car and spend a few hours with her.  My garage is full off trim/doors/saws/junk.  After my garage gets cleaned out, I'm putting the SHO up on jack stands for a weekend and getting it done.  Don't worry, I'll post up pics and video to celebrate the occasion!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

ZSHO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 28, 2015, 04:35:33 PM
Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on March 28, 2015, 03:32:08 PM

Sadly, yes.  I just am too busy to find time to jack up my car and spend a few hours with her.  My garage is full off trim/doors/saws/junk.  After my garage gets cleaned out, I'm putting the SHO up on jack stands for a weekend and getting it done.  Don't worry, I'll post up pics and video to celebrate the occasion!
I could relate to Munkees statement about being busy and all,cause the magority of last year i was running around like a chicken with no head due to a personal matter,so i  definetly know where he's coming from.Z.

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 28, 2015, 03:59:40 PM

Pick the one you want.  All of them are limited production (like our cars, LOL)...so finding them in stock is just luck of the draw.  I do love my PPEs... and the black ceramic coating Paul put on them.  Many are happy with Unleashed also... I only question connecting a 2.25" header to a 3" pipe...and then back to a 2.25" pipe...I don't think it hurts, but must question if it helps... Can't find any objective data on this.
Maybe Ill pop over on Unleashed topic and ask him about that. I cant imagine it being an issue but Ive heard its VERY tight.

BiGMaC

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on March 28, 2015, 06:24:33 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 28, 2015, 03:59:40 PM

Maybe Ill pop over on Unleashed topic and ask him about that. I cant imagine it being an issue but Ive heard its VERY tight.
It was a bit tight with the PPEs for sure.. lift made it easier... did 3 sets in one day on my car during development/fitment... watch the O2 sensors!

My concern are laminar flow vs. eddies and turbulence (kinda the opposite of scavenging)... but again I have no objective data... Flow testing is expensive!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 28, 2015, 03:36:53 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 28, 2015, 02:56:57 PM
Not at all here...hope I didn't offend you. Context...the missing link
No offense at all, Z!  I guess my return humor didn't come thru :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!