• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Check engine light! Grrr

Started by Scott13SHO, July 23, 2013, 09:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

I got a Check Engine light when I left for lunch today. I pulled out my GoPoint Scan tool and got a code of P2068 Fuel Level Sensor B Circuit High. Any ideas as what could be causing it? Should I just clear it and see what happens? Its a Bone Stock 2013 SHO.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

adelsin

My money is that its due to the recall out for the 2013. Suggest making an appointment with the dealer.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

SoCalSHO

Well, you got one thing going for you, it is bone stock. Sucks, hope everything gets fixed quickly. Keep us up to date. Thanks.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

Scott13SHO

Quote from: adelsin on July 23, 2013, 09:32:26 PM
My money is that its due to the recall out for the 2013. Suggest making an appointment with the dealer.

I thought the same thing but I just checked the Ford site and my car isn't affected by it.  It's a late 2013 build (February)
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

adelsin

Would still take it in.

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

breeves002

SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec

Scott13SHO

Just got off the phone with the dealer and they are still working on it, supposedly they are in contact with Fords engineering trying to figure out what is wrong with it...ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJE624

It amazes me how often dealers have to "contact Ford Engineering". 

Scott13SHO

I'm pretty sure it's code for we have no f**king clue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott13SHO

Just got a call back from the service dept...can pick it up today, but they won't have the parts in till Friday. Its a bad sending unit in the fuel tank...like I thought it was.

DJE624

Well good!  I'm glad they figured it out.  (Face palm) 

mjhpadi

Hopefully that's the last problem you'll have for quite some time.  Glad it wasn't anything more difficult to figure out.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Scott13SHO

Seems like it can be a common problem with the D3 platform based cars....I know someone with a Flex that had the same issue.