• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Creaking sound on 2013 SHO

Started by Timeless, July 01, 2013, 09:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timeless

Just checking to see if any other fellow SHO owners have experienced a creaking sound from the front of the car.  Mine seems most audible when making a slow left turn into a parking spot like situation.  It is loud enough a co worker could hear it outside as I was pulling up.  Also can hear some vibration like sound inside the car during normal cruising that I think is related to it as it just started also.

Just checking before I take it in.

Thanks!
2014 RAM 1500 Sport - Daily
1986 RX7 LS1 SWAP - 305WHP - 2600LBS - FUN
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT - Wife's
Frozen White with RS2 Package Ordered!

geswek

Yes.

I have these issues -- there is a TSB on the half shafts for our front end. Ford is ordering replacement parts and the car goes in next week to get fixed up.

TSB 13-5-14; TING/POP/CLICK NOISE--FRONT HALFSHAFT

Timeless

2014 RAM 1500 Sport - Daily
1986 RX7 LS1 SWAP - 305WHP - 2600LBS - FUN
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT - Wife's
Frozen White with RS2 Package Ordered!

FracaSHO

I had the same issue with my 2010. The dealer installed a new driver side axle shaft. Under warranty. The sound is gone. But sometimes I feel like  hearing the same sound, or something like it, while turning. It's not nearly as noticeable. Maybe in being paranoid. Do you know of any TSB's for 2010 models about this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Boggus

Mine does the same thing, trying to schedule the TSB and Recall at the same time
2013 unleashed SHO PP

SoCalSHO

Quote from: FracaSHO on July 27, 2013, 06:57:02 PM
I had the same issue with my 2010. The dealer installed a new driver side axle shaft. Under warranty. The sound is gone. But sometimes I feel like  hearing the same sound, or something like it, while turning. It's not nearly as noticeable. Maybe in being paranoid. Do you know of any TSB's for 2010 models about this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I did have some noises on my front left suspension, it was more of a clunk, at all speeds. They replaced my strut, shock and strut mount. Sounds (or doesn't sound) fine now.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH