• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Get a 2015, or wait for the 2016???

Started by FracaSHO, May 09, 2015, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

Do I get a 2015 F-150, or wait for the 2016?  The reason I ask is because I don't want to get one now only to kick myself in the ass because the 2016 offers stuff not available on the 2015. The only real thing I could think that would make me regret the 2015 is if the 2016 3.5L ecoboost has the navigator tune or the new 10 speed trans.  What does everyone think?
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Wojomojo

Honestly just my 2 cents is to wait. The first model of a whole new vehicle will always have a bugs that gets worked out as the next models come out. The new 10 speed should see better mpgs and might be worth waiting for as well. I've driven a couple 2015's and they're definitely nice. It's be a hard choice but I'd say wait it out and then compare the 2. You might be able to find some used 2015's in a year for quite a bit cheaper than a new one.
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

jtoddk98

I'd wait and get a certified pre owned 2015, that way you avoid the initial depreciation hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

FracaSHO

My situation is 2 fold:

It's a company truck so I'm not buying it.

And, my current company vehicle might not last that long.

Brad

PokerMunkee

I'd wait.  The 10 speed has to be close.  You'll also get the Sync3.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

FracaSHO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on May 10, 2015, 12:06:19 AM
I'd wait.  The 10 speed has to be close.  You'll also get the Sync3.

I honestly haven't had any sync issues.

To be honest, I can't wait too long. My current company car is falling apart. I've looked on line and everything I read says 2016's won't be out til 2016. I could probably suffer til fall if they come out then, but it doesn't look that way.
Brad

Wojomojo

If you're not buying it then definitely hop on one now! If fuel economy matters I'd get the 2.7. Plenty of power and gets great mpg. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the 2.7 when I drove one. If mpg is no option then the 3.5 Ecoboost will be more fun. Either way they'll both get great mpg for a pickup, if you don't hot rod it!
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

FracaSHO

Quote from: Wojomojo on May 10, 2015, 03:45:31 PM
If you're not buying it then definitely hop on one now! If fuel economy matters I'd get the 2.7. Plenty of power and gets great mpg. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the 2.7 when I drove one. If mpg is no option then the 3.5 Ecoboost will be more fun. Either way they'll both get great mpg for a pickup, if you don't hot rod it!

The 2.7L is cool, but not available in the crew cab 6.5' bed. I do need the crew cab with long wheel base. Better mpg either way though, even the 5.0L. I was getting 11.5 mpg on my 04 F-150.
Brad

Wojomojo

Yeah the 5.0 is a great engine as well. They have gotten similar mpg as the Ecoboost with the previous generation pickups. The eco just tows better. Can't go wrong with either choice.
Justin "Wojo"

FracaSHO

Quote from: Wojomojo on May 10, 2015, 04:22:01 PM
Yeah the 5.0 is a great engine as well. They have gotten similar mpg as the Ecoboost with the previous generation pickups. The eco just tows better. Can't go wrong with either choice.

True. My only issue with the ecoboost is it's a V6. Yes it's has excellent power and ridiculous torque for a non Diesel engine, but it's hard to convince my brain that a v6 is better than a v8 in a truck. I've always been about bigger is better. Honestly if the 6.2L was still available, that would be the choice, bad mpg's and all.
Brad

wasinger3000

Quote from: FracaSHO on May 10, 2015, 04:30:22 PM

Quote from: Wojomojo on May 10, 2015, 04:22:01 PM

True. My only issue with the ecoboost is it's a V6. Yes it's has excellent power and ridiculous torque for a non Diesel engine, but it's hard to convince my brain that a v6 is better than a v8 in a truck. I've always been about bigger is better. Honestly if the 6.2L was still available, that would be the choice, bad mpg's and all.
Go with the 5.0. I'm getting 14 mpg with my 15' 3.5. The 5.0 can't be any worse.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.