• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gah! Never trust someone waving you out...

Started by twnscrw13, March 23, 2015, 08:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twnscrw13

Found out the hard way... never trust the guy in the curb lane to wave you out when making a left turn. Of course after the accident happened, the guy that gave me the all clear up and left. 10k worth of damage but at least the stone chips in the bumper will be erased when I get her back.  :-/
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

nickstewartroc

Thankfully you're not hurt! Sucks to have a beat up SHO though :/
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

ZSHO

I hope nobody was hurt through this whole ordeal,and hopefully you can get your SHO back better then ever with a bodyshop of your choosing,best of luck and keep us updated on the fix.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Uggghhh!!!  Glad you're OK, SHO will recover just fine!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Glad no one was hurt... Sorry to see your SHO damaged.

To bad you can't wave out the guy who gave you the bad go ahead!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

twnscrw13

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 23, 2015, 10:36:43 PM
Glad no one was hurt... Sorry to see your SHO damaged.

To bad you can't wave out the guy who gave you the bad go ahead!
The responding office said this happens ALL the time and the person that gives folks the go ahead almost always takes off. Ah well.. You're right, at least no one was hurt badly. I ended up having to go to urgent care for back pain but it's manageable.

IHeartGroceries

Did you see the driver's face?

Did it look like this?

2013 SHO PP

twnscrw13

Haha! No I didn't look quickly enough, I have no doubt it was close though

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 24, 2015, 08:35:18 PM
Did you see the driver's face?

Did it look like this?

twnscrw13

Finally got my baby back and had the car detailed and put new summer tires on. $11k worth of damage, front frame rails had to be replaced. I was worried about her not driving as well after the accident but it's better than factory. There were two chipmunks prior to the accident that are quite now, too.

SHOdded

Glad to hear the shop did a bangup job :thumb:  Those tittering chipmunks do get a bit annoying after a while.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Would it have mattered if the guy that waved you out left or not?

You obviously have never went through smith driving school....this was 100% your fault and not because of the guy that waved you out
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

I'd be really happy if I was the other guy lol...he will make out sweet...either pocket some cash or get his rusted fender replaced on your dime lol

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

twnscrw13

I'm well aware of who's fault it was but I appreciate you pointing that out for me.

Quote from: ajpturbo on May 08, 2015, 07:31:58 PM

You obviously have never went through smith driving school....this was 100% your fault and not because of the guy that waved you out

AJP turbo

Quote from: twnscrw13 on May 08, 2015, 08:09:59 PM
I'm well aware of who's fault it was but I appreciate you pointing that out for me.

Quote from: ajpturbo on May 08, 2015, 07:31:58 PM

No problem ...glad I can help

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)