• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Light replacement

Started by jtoddk98, March 23, 2015, 05:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

I just tried to replace my reverse lamps with LEDs. I took it out and noticed that the bulb and socket are one piece looks ford proprietary. So should I return the bulbs I have or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

So you have these infamous bulbs?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILIPS-7010-HPC16W-PU20D-1-12184-X-2-BULBS-16W-BACK-UP-LIGHT-CHEVROLET-SATURN-/160835305649

Yeah, you are in a tight spot.  Best return the LEDs.  There is a place on the web that shows how to wire the socket for a standard base LED and make it work that way, but def not plug&play.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

Yup those are it. Is there a led plug and play option?

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: jtoddk98 on March 23, 2015, 07:29:08 PM
Yup those are it. Is there a led plug and play option?
vLED Tritons is about as close as it gets... They make a back-up bulb option, but it is actually a system.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

jtoddk98

That's unfortunate. I replaced the brake lights and the little red running light back there with red LEDs, nice improvement, no more white light showing through the red lens. Looks good

jtoddk98

Another question. How do I get the center bulb out of the dome light?

SHOdded

See if this is in your skillset:
www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229051

Not sure if this of help with the dome light:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,528.0.html

jtoddk98

Got it done along with my DIY led puddle lights. Bake em at 200 in the toaster for a few minutes, and pry them open, not bad.