• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

WITH SPRING COMES THE TICK AGAIN

Started by zamirlihari, March 22, 2015, 05:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I have been aware of this tick sound for quite sometime know and also there is a TSB for it and affected are the magority of the 13 PP SHO and also a small amount of the 14 PP SHO are affected,know make a long story short(hopefully)had mine performed at the dealer last summer due to a metal tick sound coming from both front wheels when turning the steering wheel back and forth and when making turns,when this was performed at my dealer there was no TSB for this issue,so they installed new thrust washers and wheel hubs(wheel bearings)and the issue was resolved under warranty until today,as Spring finally came and so did the tick sound,called my service advisor yesterday and the good news was that there are updated vinyl/rubber thrust washers that will hopefully and finally terminate that annoying tick sound coming from the front wheels,he mentioned the 15 SHO has the new updated version,hope this helps someone and will keep you updated and maybe get that annoying noise from the drivers front seat also fixed.Z.
TSB #TSB-13-5-14

NHTSA ID #10052787

Date Announced:
MAY 13 2013

Additional Info:
How to Fix

Summary: FORD/LINCOLN: ON SOME VEHICLES, WHEN ACCELERATING FROM STOP OR SHIFTING BETWEEN DRIVE/REVERSE AND/OR REVERSE/DRIVE, A NOISE IS HEARD LIKE POP, TING, CLICK, COMING FROM FRONT WHEEL AREA. MODELS 2011-2013 TAURUS, EXPLORER, FLEX, MKS, MKT.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Man, I hope it goes away for good this time!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Thanks for the update Z.... I'm gonna look into that for sure!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

4/SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 22, 2015, 05:14:53 PM
I have been aware of this tick sound for quite sometime know and also there is a TSB for it and affected are the magority of the 13 PP SHO and also a small amount of the 14 PP SHO are affected,know make a long story short(hopefully)had mine performed at the dealer last summer due to a metal tick sound coming from both front wheels when turning the steering wheel back and forth and when making turns,when this was performed at my dealer there was no TSB for this issue,so they installed new thrust washers and wheel hubs(wheel bearings)and the issue was resolved under warranty until today,as Spring finally came and so did the tick sound,called my service advisor yesterday and the good news was that there are updated vinyl/rubber thrust washers that will hopefully and finally terminate that annoying tick sound coming from the front wheels,he mentioned the 15 SHO has the new updated version,hope this helps someone and will keep you updated and maybe get that annoying noise from the drivers front seat also fixed.Z.
TSB #TSB-13-5-14

NHTSA ID #10052787

Date Announced:
MAY 13 2013

Additional Info:
How to Fix

Summary: FORD/LINCOLN: ON SOME VEHICLES, WHEN ACCELERATING FROM STOP OR SHIFTING BETWEEN DRIVE/REVERSE AND/OR REVERSE/DRIVE, A NOISE IS HEARD LIKE POP, TING, CLICK, COMING FROM FRONT WHEEL AREA. MODELS 2011-2013 TAURUS, EXPLORER, FLEX, MKS, MKT.
I am having odd noise in reverse and when turning the wheel back and forth, especially when in park. Kinda slight grinding noise. I believe it's only in the front and while turning wheels.
2011 SHO with a 2015 SHO engine. She started out as the 2011 SEMA SHO by Rick Bottom Designs. Which had the following-  H&R lowering springs, Baer Extreme brakes, 22 in axiom rims,  Razzi body kit, Corsa performance exhaust,  Airaid cold air intake,  no weeds exhaust diverted, and a few other items. I then took her to National Speed of Wilmington NC where I had bigger ATP turbos, firestorm high pressure fuel pump, catless downpipes, 170 Tstat, 3bar MAP, tial BOV,  EPP pipes,  colder spark plugs, and  HP tune.

ZSHO

Does it sound like the below video! If so its your wheel hubs as mentioned earlier. Do you have the Performance package or Non PP! Z

https://youtu.be/BnbCig-wR1Q

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2011,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1446498,brake+&+wheel+hub,wheel+bearing+&+hub+assembly,1636

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

I have a 2013+PP I have had that click since I had the car. Will changing to the new rubber thrust washers from a 2015 cure this or would need new bearing too? Is this click just annoying or will eventually fail or break something? It's been doing it 35999 miles for 3 yrs now.....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

I would always get a Code C1B00 related to this issue and sometimes changing only the thrust washers would only provide a temporary fix while ultimately the wheel hubs and new updated metal washers should provide a more viable fix.
Need to check the front wheels for play and start from there.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=6676.0