• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

TSB for 2010-2012 SHO PTU

Started by fastforever, March 19, 2015, 07:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: fastforever on March 26, 2015, 12:37:26 AM
Hey there BIG
There is an access plug on pass side,behind wheel and two feet in, it is about 3/4" hole.  My shop uses a Mity VAC evacuation pump that holds about a gallon of fluid. It has plenty of suction with about 3ft each of multiple size tubing. You can purchase on EBAY or online tool companies for $90. We use on diesel oil, 50 weight oil 80/90 and 75/140 synthetic gear oils in commercial trucks where rear end drain plugs may be damaged and we just pump it out from fill plug. Works great, even use it for fuels.
Thanks fast!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

curry67

so is it the 2010 ? how would my ford dealership check the ptu for contamination? a few different ones all say its good.

mystery101

How does one determine a PTU failure? With a tune I was having issues where the rear end seemed to spin tire more often and cause loss of control in the rear; And at the same time with or without tune my car will stay stationary off the brake rolling back from some hills, reversing(and going forward sometimes) from hills or driveways = loud bang/bind in driveline. Front tires seem to scream at certain low speed turns and the car has harder steering / wacky wheel(pulls left or right).
I have 27K Mi on original fluid(My home dealer didn't know what it was, or how to change it) And I have an appointment with a different dealer this friday..

I also suspect one of the mounts gave out too, I can see the entire exhaust system under the car twist and bind between reverse and drive..
2016 SHO- Ruby Red - Performance Pack (Mods: 170*F Thermostat, 3Bar Map, NGK .28 colder plugs, JLT PCV catch can, OBX downpipes, GEARHEAD e30 tune!)