• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What could be the reason for my fuel system to be far more deficient then most?

Started by ElvenSho, March 17, 2015, 10:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvenSho

[/ftp]
Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 17, 2015, 03:10:01 PM
It's under 2mb and is a CSV file.

You are correct. This is the latest datalog. Please let me know what you guys see as I have no idea what any of it means. Thanks.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

ElvenSho

FoMoCoSHO

Wild guess, by could you lpfp filter need serviced?

I will check out the logs this evening after work.

ElvenSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 17, 2015, 04:13:21 PM
Wild guess, by could you lpfp filter need serviced?

I will check out the logs this evening after work.

How would I know? My car is at 568003 miles as of 10 min ago.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on March 17, 2015, 05:16:00 PM
BTW, you are running stock intake with stock air filter?

Yup stock paper filter with stock intake system.

SHOdded

Are you hearing any clicks/rattles on startup or that persist afterwards?  I am not familiar with the GDI spark advance behavior between the 2 banks, but I see lots of places where a difference of > 1 degree is noted, sometimes several degrees, but mostly for very brief periods.  So at this point, I am thinking timing issue involvement, whether it be a VCT solenoid or cam phaser.  Or it could be a simple result of different airflow feeding the 2 banks, still looking at that possibility.

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOdded on March 17, 2015, 05:52:29 PM
Are you hearing any clicks/rattles on startup or that persist afterwards?  I am not familiar with the GDI spark advance behavior between the 2 banks, but I see lots of places where a difference of > 1 degree is noted, sometimes several degrees, but mostly for very brief periods.  So at this point, I am thinking timing issue involvement, whether it be a VCT solenoid or cam phaser.  Or it could be a simple result of different airflow feeding the 2 banks, still looking at that possibility.
I have not heard anything abnormal. I will try to listen to it today and if something comea up will let u know. One thing i hear under part throtle is marble like sounds from the engine. I did aome reading and it could be timing being pulled but i always heard this even when stock. I am going to switch to 93 octane from the 92 w/ethanol and see if that makes a difference. These engines are odd to me.

91hybrid

Marbles sounding... sounds like detonation under part throttle load. I haven't looked at the log but if it detonates even with a stock tune, there would be some issues that need resolved.

I'll see what the log says...

John
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28

ElvenSho

Quote from: 91hybrid on March 17, 2015, 06:53:28 PM
Marbles sounding... sounds like detonation under part throttle load. I haven't looked at the log but if it detonates even with a stock tune, there would be some issues that need resolved.

John

I would think Torrie would let me know if something bad is going on. Please take a look and let me know, thanks!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ElvenSho on March 17, 2015, 06:24:06 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on March 17, 2015, 05:52:29 PM
I have not heard anything abnormal. I will try to listen to it today and if something comea up will let u know. One thing i hear under part throtle is marble like sounds from the engine. I did aome reading and it could be timing being pulled but i always heard this even when stock. I am going to switch to 93 octane from the 92 w/ethanol and see if that makes a difference. These engines are odd to me.
I wouldn't do that....IMHO looking at your log you have a fuel pressure problem, not an octane problem. Ethanol has some interesting properties when injected directly. The ecoboost likes octane but it also demands fuel pressure and there is a balance. My fuel looks much better than yours and my system is stressed further with the 25% blend. Straight gas will cause your effective octane to drop and that coupled with low pressure is a recipe for disaster.

Some reading for you...

http://www.psfc.mit.edu/library1/catalog/reports/2000/08ja/08ja002/08ja002_full.pdf

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ElvenSho on March 17, 2015, 06:58:44 PM

John

I would think Torrie would let me know if something bad is going on. Please take a look and let me know, thanks!
He did, something is causing you to be fuel challenged. But there is no way for him to tell you the cause with a data log. If there was something dangerous happening, I'm sure he would update your tune. It's not that something bad is happening, you just won't be able to turn up the power till you get it figured out.

ElvenSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 17, 2015, 08:02:53 PM

John

He did, something is causing you to be fuel challenged. But there is no way for him to tell you the cause with a data log. If there was something dangerous happening, I'm sure he would update your tune. It's not that something bad is happening, you just won't be able to turn up the power till you get it figured out.
Well that is very bad. How would I even go about figuring it out? I cant just go to dealership and tell them i have low fuel preasure? What do you think it could be? Where do i get started...

BiGMaC

Quote from: ElvenSho on March 17, 2015, 08:04:43 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 17, 2015, 08:02:53 PM

John

Well that is very bad. How would I even go about figuring it out? I cant just go to dealership and tell them i have low fuel preasure? What do you think it could be? Where do i get started...

Well... It may take a while... BUT I did just that (and gave the the DTCs:

I just flashed back to OEM and replaced my old 2BAR.... Got a CEL and found DTCs P0627, P0087, and U046B.... all related to PCM, fuel pressure sensors, fuel rail pressure, and HPFP..... The CEL was constant so I babied it to the dealer today... Motor died (just stopped running without smoke, odor or any other drama) in rush hour about 200 yes (and 2 left turns, from the service entrance... quite a push it traffic at 92 degrees....

So start cheap... access the OBD2, replace filters, etc.... there are worse things than not being able to tune hotter....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock