• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1-2 shudder at WOT

Started by donky4444, March 16, 2015, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 25, 2017, 01:57:52 PM
Ah ok, it's probably good stuff then...I'm just used to the LV fluids showing that on the bottle face....Either LV or fuel efficient. But I see the specs where it says Mercon LV

Dunno if it's good or not... but I doubt the fluid is my issue...I suspect tune related...

SHOdded

Might also be a TSS/OSS sensor issue if new fluid has not helped resolve.  Just a thought.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Update: it's been several days since I told Anthony at LMS what was going on...

Got an email yesterday confirming again that the sputtering happens only with the 4+X tune AFTER the transmisson learns the new parameters...

Still no new adjusted tune... Apparently my strategy is not exactly a copy and paste...

Shocked!!!!!! LOL...

derfdog15

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 28, 2017, 10:47:36 AM

Got an email yesterday confirming again that the sputtering happens only with the 4+X tune AFTER the transmisson learns the new parameters...

Still no new adjusted tune... Apparently my strategy is not exactly a copy and paste...

Shocked!!!!!! LOL...

The HORROR...One size fits all they say....mmmhm
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

polskifacet

My transmission misses shifts constantly, not only 1-2. Has happened in pretty much every gear, very intermittent.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on February 28, 2017, 10:59:24 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 28, 2017, 10:47:36 AM

Shocked!!!!!! LOL...

The HORROR...One size fits all they say....mmmhm

Honestly, for 95% of the SHOs out there, their tunes work just fine. So in reality it's just that small percentage that don't, the odds are in their favor.

I'm not bashingLMS, just making an observation, and hoping that if someone else has issues, these threads can help!

My car has been anything but a copy and paste for ANY tuner that has worked on it. The only tuner thus far that has taken the time to dig through it, make adjustments outside the norm, and help me understand what is going on is Brad.

Granted, now that I am keeping the car, I will run with Brads E20 tune (which my car had different preset in the tables than any other 2010 he had worked on)however, I paid LMS for a tune, and expect them to provide a working tune.

That said, Anthony has been great to work with at LMS, and with their reputation along with Brad letting me know that my car is an oddity, I don't mind LMS taking the time to double check and make adjustments to my tune.

SHOdded

I found that faulty MAF sensors can affect shift points, might be the case with the MAPs as well.  A good cleaning/replacement would be worth the time.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

polskifacet

Quote from: SHOdded on February 28, 2017, 11:19:15 AM
I found that faulty MAF sensors can affect shift points, might be the case with the MAPs as well.  A good cleaning/replacement would be worth the time.
For me, no issue on stock tune. Something just has to be different with strategy/hardware combo that doesn't work as expected with the LMS tune. A custom tune can massage those anomalies away whether it be LMS or any other tuner.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

StealBlueSho

Update... LMS FINALLY got me an updated tune... Anthony said my 4+X tune was already modified for the issue they were experiencing before. However, they did modify the 4+x tune to soften the shift, however, the modification is such that I will not or should not notice a difference...

ANYWAY... I haven't tested it.. I am in the middle of dialing in an E20 tune with AJP...  I will update once I get time to test...

polskifacet

Update for my issue as well, seems like traction control is the culprit even at WOT on the 3rd gear to 4th gear shift.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: polskifacet on March 06, 2017, 12:19:37 AM
Update for my issue as well, seems like traction control is the culprit even at WOT on the 3rd gear to 4th gear shift.

Really?! How did you verify this? Seems an odd place  for traction control to kick in..

1-2nd I can understand, MAYBR 2-3 if you are in a turn or something... 3-4th? Nah...

I will caveat this with I have seen/read the electronics in these cars do strange things...

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on March 06, 2017, 06:38:00 AM

Really?! How did you verify this? Seems an odd place  for traction control to kick in..

1-2nd I can understand, MAYBR 2-3 if you are in a turn or something... 3-4th? Nah...

I will caveat this with I have seen/read the electronics in these cars do strange things...
Due Tell,elaborate.  Z  :hmmm:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on March 06, 2017, 07:09:18 AM

Are you asking me Z?

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on March 06, 2017, 07:10:33 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 06, 2017, 07:09:18 AM

Are you asking me Z?
@Polski.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

I had a bit of road to test this. 3 out of 3 with traction on, it would try to do the 3rd to 4th switch, kind of pause for a half a second, blow off some boost and then shift and proceeded to haul ass. 3 out of 3 with traction off, shifts normally. Only other "difference" I can think of is I have 18" winter wheels on but since they are all the same wheels and tires, should be fine.