• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oil in air intake.

Started by sunwolf, March 14, 2015, 07:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

It sounds like you have 6000 miles on the oil change.   I wouldn't be shocked at using a quart in that many miles.  Besides,  if a dealer did the last change, how do you know they even put in the correct amount?

IHeartGroceries

A quart is a lot on a newer engine. I ran my latest interval up to 7500 miles and saw no sign of usage. I suppose operating conditions may apply, but even so, I'd consider that quite abnormal.
The more oil or oil vapors your pulling back through the intake, to more crap that is likely depositing on the backsides of your intake valves...
2013 SHO PP

Airbornemaikai

That also seems like a lot to me, my first change wasn't until 7500 also and it definitely wasn't a quart low. Go to a different dealer as these guys are going to let your ride ******* explode

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

sunwolf

Quote from: SHOdded on March 17, 2015, 02:52:18 PM
Ummmm, okay ...  Was this a Lincoln dealer?  I see you have a Navigator in your sig, so you have access to one?
Going for the Lincoln dealer next time.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

ZSHO

I would personally check the belly oil pan cover and  see is there any evidence of oil,sometimes it could be simple such as an oil drain plug loose or bad gasket,or oil filter loose which would explain the lost oil.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on March 17, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
I would personally check the belly oil pan cover and  see is there any evidence of oil,sometimes it could be simple such as an oil drain plug loose or bad gasket,or oil filter loose which would explain the lost oil.
True, we always forget about the basics!  Plus it's good to take a peek at the undersides of the engine once in a while.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

I have witnessed the same issue with my 13. Not as much oil consumption though. A dirty or restrictive air filter will cause the problem to get worse, also any restriction to the PCV system can also make it worse and lastly too much oil in the pan can also cause a similar situation (over fill). I took mine in when I had a similar issue and the dealer said it was normal (I had 45K KM on mine at the time). I am still not sure what is normal, all I know is that it can accumulate in the CAC, and if you get on it on the expressway it will suck all that out of the CAC and into the intake. Risking vapour lock or just a shudder (which will be logged by the car as several misfires). Again this happened to me in the past (the shudder). A turbo upgrade and meth are my next mods to my ride, the OEM turbos can be a PITA when it comes to this issue, the dealers and Ford are not willing to do anything about it unless its really bad. With the stock tune it is difficult to replicate these conditions as it doesn't suck/blow as hard as good 93 tune. I know that the F150's have had similar issues with both water and oil in the CAC causing a shudder at WOT in higher gears (easier to replicate different turbos/cac) I would keep an eye on the level in the CAC as mentioned by SHOdded.   
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

14SHOCAR

I just mentioned this in a flex forum... when I disconnected the charge pipe to get to my driver side rear plug, I saw some oil too. I chalked it up to be blow-by of some sort. I don't think its any area of concern. Also @Rich - I hope you change your oil more than every 20k ;)
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOnUup

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 16, 2015, 09:23:31 AM
I just mentioned this in a flex forum... when I disconnected the charge pipe to get to my driver side rear plug, I saw some oil too. I chalked it up to be blow-by of some sort. I don't think its any area of concern. Also @Rich - I hope you change your oil more than every 20k ;)
Oh yeah, the 20k is total miles we've put on the car. Started at just over 3k change, then worked up to 5k where it just felt to long even though the oil looked good. Going back to 3k intervals and since I just tracked the car last weekend, I changed it this time just over 1k on it. Will continue to change oil after each track day or 3k.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.