• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Possible Transmission Issue?

Started by ElvenSho, March 06, 2015, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

And now it's not starting. Great start to my weekend lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ElvenSho

Quote from: jtoddk98 on March 13, 2015, 05:41:11 PM
And now it's not starting. Great start to my weekend lol

That sux! Good luck figuring it out, hopefully its an easy cheap fix.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

jtoddk98

Probably a fuel injector sticking open

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

No dumping fuel into the cats, they don't like it at all!  These injector issues are becoming ever more common :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

It was definitely a weird issue, I thought the trans was slipping, I didn't think anything injector related until I got out of the car and smelt all the fuel. No wonder why my gas gauge dropped so much on my short errand trip today. Good thing the car is under warranty plus I have ford premium care warranty so I am getting a free tow to the dealer, and a free rental.

SHOdded

Hope they give you an "equivalent" vehicle and don't stick you into a sub-sub-compact.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

They usually give me a full size like an edge or explorer. I just pulled the codes, got a P00C6 and P0306 cylinder 6 misfire detected, both listed as "pending faults" on my torque app

SHOdded

Good time to check for valve cover/spark plug well leaks also.

jtoddk98

I'll have the dealer look into that also, along with the cats. Just went out to try and start it again, nada. On the first try, it coughed and died, second try it just kept sputtering with the starter running. The p00c6 code means that the fuel pressure is too low while cranking. I hope my dealer puts in a full set of injectors and not just one. Usually if 1 goes, the rest are soon to follow