• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oil Analysis Reports

Started by SHOdded, March 04, 2015, 05:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 14, 2016, 07:07:52 PM
Pipes may be dirty and i cant tell you why but di motors have less fuel delivered all things being equal...that was one of the benefits and reasons they use less fuel at wot...there is no fuel laden air mixture during the compression stroke so there should be less chance for preignition because there is no fuel present

The crown vic is grossly outperformed in every measurable aspect so if economy is similar that is great accomplishment and diesels are a different animal that uses fuel with much greater energy so apples to well, watermelon

I think the crown vic might run better with an escape with the 2.0....power is about the same lol

LOL. They are not rockets!  My point was that the 4.6 2-valve motors are JUNK!  Yet, it pulled around that car and got similar fuel mileage.

I also had a 4.6 3valve Explorer 4x4.  Much better motor and it also got similar fuel economy in a vehicle with worse aerodynamics. 

I like Ford's direction with combining DI and standard EFI.  I think the combo could prove to solve several issues including ability for high power and better overall driving experience.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

sholxgt

Quote from: BlueSHO on November 14, 2016, 07:14:11 PM

Steal?  Blue here as in Blue Jeans

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

My apologies and thanks for catching my error!
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AJP turbo

Yeah but both those V8 motors had like 60-100 less hp and less tq and less tq down low!....they are better compared to the 2.0 I4 ecoboost lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

I think you could put 15,000 miles on the Amsoil before you break it down to the level in this report.  Waiting to see the results on the high mileage Edge now :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sbouvia

My latest oil analysis. I definitely put some miles on our car.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

SHOdded

Mixed driving, mostly highway, or ...  Thanks for posting up!

Sbouvia

I would say most mileage is highway but lately it's been mixed. I'll have to look at engine hours and see average mph.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

SHOdded

we continue to look for UOAs and even VOAs, so feel free to post them in this thread:  engine oil, ATF, PTU/RDU fluid, what have you.  A small descriptive blurb about driving conditions, noting unusual events, would add to the value.  TIA!

klrsmith

Here's my 2014 PI.  Normally run Mobil-1 5W-30 with Mobil-1 filter for approximately 8k miles between changes.  DD highway commute to work about 90 miles roundtrip, Get on it more than occasionally though :-D
2014 Ecoboost PI - AJPturbo 3 Bar/93 tune - AEM dry panel - Reische 170 thermo - SP542 plugs - EPP Hotpipes - Power Stop Z37 Top Cop pads and slotted rotors

SHOdded

SilvererSHO

Not knowing a whole lot about oil analysis reports, I'm surprised the aluminum amount isn't much higher.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

6500rpm

First report after using Royal Purple, Mobil 1 filter, and K&N panel filter. We'll see how the second report compares using the same stuff.

2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

SHOdded

Any idea how many engine hours you have on this oil?  Generally 200 hours on mostly/all highway driving, or 100 hours on mostly/all city/stopngo driving are good targets to hit.

An unbiased report on the properties of various engine oils per Blackstone
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oTuPwZHKoSqFLClaZrBhMh9D5vpX0VhLZrmVdLyFnbE/edit#gid=1379600026

6500rpm

No idea on run hours. Daily driver-24 miles to and from work about 35 minute each way mostly highway. Royal Purple High Performance 5w30. That chart's fantastic.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!