• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cooling !!

Started by joe raptor, May 07, 2020, 10:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe raptor

Hey brothers I'm about to flush the cooling system and I was wondering if I can use the :
Summit RacingĀ® Non-Glycol Racing Coolant on the car ! , just to keep the temperatures in check,I live in Florida no worries about freezing temperatures ; opinions are very welcome and I know I have to use the Orange one ;) ! Thanks and be safe out there :)

SHOdded

As long as the system is completely flushed, yes you can use it.  Instructions should come with the Summit coolant if there are specialized steps to take.

In hotter temps, you can lower the amount of coolant in the mix somewhat.  You can run all the way down to 30/70 (30% coolant).  You can add Redline Water Wetter or Royal Purple Ice or similar products.  You can also have your tuner change when the fans come on and for how long.  Combined with a colder TStat, that will really help keep temps under control.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 07, 2020, 11:28:38 AM
As long as the system is completely flushed, yes you can use it.  Instructions should come with the Summit coolant if there are specialized steps to take.

In hotter temps, you can lower the amount of coolant in the mix somewhat.  You can run all the way down to 30/70 (30% coolant).  You can add Redline Water Wetter or Royal Purple Ice or similar products.  You can also have your tuner change when the fans come on and for how long.  Combined with a colder TStat, that will really help keep temps under control.

I second the above with regard to watter wetter.  I have dropped my cylinder head temps 5-6c under high flow load.  (idle is just effed no matter what ..)
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction