• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oil Analysis Reports

Started by SHOdded, March 04, 2015, 05:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlackJac

Is it better to wait until after the first oil change/ break-in period to have the oil tested, say second oil change ?
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

SHOdded

I don't believe there is any set time to start the analysis.  I'd think the second oil change would be a good point to start, for ongoing purposes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jbeez

Has anyone changed oil change interval or type of oil they use based on analysis so far? How about filters?

What is current best practice for engine oil and ptu?
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

ZSHO

The Motorcraft FL-500S oil filter is clearly the best choice in my opinion,and Amsoil 75w-140 for the PTU UNIT and 80w-90 for the RDU gear oil is no doubt the best in the market,had mine changed at 33k which the ocd in me is to blame,probably could of waited a little longer,Amsoil,Redline,Penzoil ultra motor oil changed at a 5k interval seems more than adequate.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

panther427

2013 SHO

FoMoCoSHO

That confuses me, they say the high iron could be due to higher than avg interval, then tell you to increase it?

panther427

Ya lol i was a bit confussed on that too.. Other than the fact i had enough TBN to run the oil longer.  The car was tunned the entire run of oil and had several drag strip passes. Plus my driving style is aggressive.. Either way im not to worried about 54PPM based on 1 snapshot.
2013 SHO

sholxgt

Oil Report on Full Synthetic Motorcraft 5w/30 run for 6,000 miles.

Please chime in and let me know what you think.  My only comment is it appears that 5,000 miles is probably a better interval due to the thin viscosity.  My guess on the fuel dilution is that it's due to me idling at my son's bus stop?  I cold start the car and drive it one mile each day and then it idles for about 10 minutes before I pick him up and run errands.

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AJP turbo

Im not sure its fuel dilution...ive seen reports that shows motorcraft oil shearing badly...im questioning the issue of fuel dilution in these and other DI motors...they run leaner at wot and command enrichment later and the fuel spends less time in the cylinder on top of that because its di and the fuel is sprayed late on the compression stroke rather that early in the intake stroke...so a full stroke later
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

sholxgt

I'm no expert, but they measured fuel at nearly 2%.  Wouldn't that be fuel dilution?  I don't buy the lean burning part of DI given that my DI and my Dad's both soot the crap out of the tailpipes.  I know that's not a scientific measurement, but... My tailpipes look dirtier than the 4" pipe that was on my diesel SuperDuty that rolled coal.

I also live in the country with 55mph speed limits and very few stop lights and only average 20mpg.  Same I got with the SuperDuty or my old school v8 CrownVic.  The MKS has decent power, but overall if this is an example of DI...they can keep it!
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AJP turbo

Pipes may be dirty and i cant tell you why but di motors have less fuel delivered all things being equal...that was one of the benefits and reasons they use less fuel at wot...there is no fuel laden air mixture during the compression stroke so there should be less chance for preignition because there is no fuel present

The crown vic is grossly outperformed in every measurable aspect so if economy is similar that is great accomplishment and diesels are a different animal that uses fuel with much greater energy so apples to well, watermelon

I think the crown vic might run better with an escape with the 2.0....power is about the same lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BlueSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on November 14, 2016, 07:03:38 PM
I'm no expert, but they measured fuel at nearly 2%.  Wouldn't that be fuel dilution?  I don't buy the lean burning part of DI given that my DI and my Dad's both soot the crap out of the tailpipes.  I know that's not a scientific measurement, but... My tailpipes look dirtier than the 4" pipe that was on my diesel SuperDuty that rolled coal.

I also live in the country with 55mph speed limits and very few stop lights and only average 20mpg.  Same I got with the SuperDuty or my old school v8 CrownVic.  The MKS has decent power, but overall if this is an example of DI...they can keep it!
Don't the results show a trace of fuel? Where's the 2% coming from? Maybe I'm not reading that right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

sholxgt

Quote from: BlueSHO on November 14, 2016, 07:09:25 PM

Don't the results show a trace of fuel? Where's the 2% coming from? Maybe I'm not reading that right.

Thanks Steal!  I was reading it wrong.  Not you.  Trace definitely doesn't mean full dilution.

AJP is probably right about the oil shearing.  That would make sense given the results.  Doesn't look to be enough of a problem given the miles accumulated though.

Curious, has anyone done a test on Amsoil Signature in our platform with a full term interval?

I have Mobil 1 Extended Performance in now and will test it to compare.

BlueSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on November 14, 2016, 07:11:59 PM
Quote from: BlueSHO on November 14, 2016, 07:09:25 PM

Thanks Steal!  I was reading it wrong.  Not you.  Trace definitely doesn't mean full dilution.

AJP is probably right about the oil shearing.  That would make sense given the results.  Doesn't look to be enough of a problem given the miles accumulated though.

Curious, has anyone done a test on Amsoil Signature in our platform with a full term interval?

I have Mobil 1 Extended Performance in now and will test it to compare.
Steal?  Blue here as in Blue Jeans

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra