• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BOOST LEAK!!!!!

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 23, 2013, 01:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoBrick Bob

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoBrick Bob

Seriously, could you use a pvc inner liner that would be the same size as the hard piping?
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 23, 2013, 05:04:26 PM
Seriously, could you use a pvc inner liner that would be the same size as the hard piping?
They make a silicone 2 to 1.5 reducer that will work there.

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

darreli

Hey Mike, as Crash stated, I had a similar issue. Mine appeared to be a little more dry rottted than yours but still similar in appearance. I ended up replacing it with a silicone hose.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: darreli on June 23, 2013, 08:14:33 PM
Hey Mike, as Crash stated, I had a similar issue. Mine appeared to be a little more dry rottted than yours but still similar in appearance. I ended up replacing it with a silicone hose.
So your split in the same location?
Awesome, I'm picking up a new hose tomorrow morning and putting it back together. I'm looking forward to making some logs and virtual dynos! :) The last one I did compared directly with my actual dyno. I'll also schedule a dyno session this week, I plan to do the following:
1. Dyno with the same tune the stock turbos was on.
2. Dyno with the new 22 to 25 degree of timing tune
3. Nitrous on top of #2.
Wish me luck! :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

DJE624

That ought to be interesting.  Good Luck!

darreli

Yeah...pretty much split in the same place..GOOD LUCK!!

FaSSt9602

Man, you want to blow this thing up before you even have any fun with it!?!?  At least let me swing by for a ride first!   >:(
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

Found a replacement in town, headed to pick it up!
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

watt-maker

Time to order some good quality silicon hoses and fab some aluminum/SS/or even just some painted steel tubing and ditch the plastic setup. I've seen a few 6.0L Ford diesels blow the factory plastic pipe.
Ron
------------------------------------------------------
2012 F150 4X4 EcoScrew 157"
Max-tow, Off-road, SCT tuned, a few other goodies

EcoPowerParts

I'm working on it, first step is to fix the existing blown hose then have upgraded pipe made. I'm seriously considering putting a new air to air intercooler up front or water to air. We'll see what I decide, need to take the bumper cover off.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: watt-maker on June 24, 2013, 02:19:02 PM
Time to order some good quality silicon hoses and fab some aluminum/SS/or even just some painted steel tubing and ditch the plastic setup. I've seen a few 6.0L Ford diesels blow the factory plastic pipe.

Would there be a heat sink issue with metal tubing?  Would larger pipes from turbo to intercooler be of any benefit? 

EcoBrick Bob

Also,  4DR, would a fluid intercooler using the A/C system be a possible choice or is this what is being referred to as a water to air intercooler?  Believe A/C compressor turns off automatically during WOT.

bnoon

Air/water has a fluid encased intercooler that cools the charge. The fluid is then pumped to and cooled by a heat exchanger up front of the radiator. What you're referring to with the ac is a Killer Chiller that uses the ac system to cool the fluid instead of just a radient heat exchanger.

The pipes question depends on underhood temps. If the temps underhood are higher than boost temps, then the aluminum pipes would absorb heat. If the boost temps are higher, then the pipes would radiate heat.

FaSSt9602

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 24, 2013, 03:02:01 PM
Quote from: watt-maker on June 24, 2013, 02:19:02 PM

Would there be a heat sink issue with metal tubing?  Would larger pipes from turbo to intercooler be of any benefit?

Not complete apples to apples,  but on my diesel truck I noticed (as many others have)  an increase in lag when increasing the charge pipes from the stock 3" to 3.5" like that of the Banks intercooler on my truck.  Many will run the larger Banks intercooler with reducers to keep the charge pipe diameter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.