• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BOOST LEAK!!!!!

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 23, 2013, 01:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
New turbos started their life doing 23 psi and down to 20 psi, now I can only get to around 14 psi down to 9psi.
Has anybody ran into the BoV leaking or anywhere else?
Let me know, I'm going to be chasing this today so I can get my POWA back.
We're at 22-25 degrees timing across the board and the car just MOVES but with the lost boost it just about evens out. Most torque we saw yesterday was 600lbs of TQ at 4K, we're getting closer and closer to big HP/TQ.
Ahh boosted cars are FUN! :)

BTW, I spent about 9 hours+ yesterday doing logs/tune revisions YAY!!!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

I am sure you will be able to get it straight.  Come on 23!

bpd1151

Oh boy..... *sigh* not good news  :sad1:

But as with any experimental, and blazing trails with new mods, you'll have those proverbial ups and downs.  :headhurt:

Here's to hoping you're able to resolve the current issues, and get back on track to where 'ya need to be, or more like, desire to be!  :ok:

mjhpadi

I don't know if this is any help but I know back in the late 70's Ford did have problems with the wastegate (BOV) not holding boost and opening prematurely and then leaking...hopefully you can get it straightened out.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

EcoPowerParts

Before the leak (Friday night):
New turbos installed - lots of boost

With the leak (this morning):
Boost Leak
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

adelsin

Ahhhh!!!! Thats not good. Is there a way to see the psi of each turbo? Or am I severely missing something?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: adelsin on June 23, 2013, 01:54:19 PM
Ahhhh!!!! Thats not good. Is there a way to see the psi of each turbo? Or am I severely missing something?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure it's either the BoV or hopefully not the intercooler. I'll be going through all the hoses today. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

Wouldn't you hear the BOV if it suddenly released?  Of course if it just leaks and doesn't actually blow off.......

Would putting it on the dyno help, as you could hear any leaks due to stationary position of the Flex?

Any simple way to test for intercooler leaks? Are there two separate inlets from each turbo, or is there a "Y" pipe before the intercooler inlet?

Good Luck!

Can you tell anything from the lambda readings for each bank?
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 23, 2013, 02:15:15 PM
Wouldn't you hear the BOV if it suddenly released?  Of course if it just leaks and doesn't actually blow off.......

Would putting it on the dyno help, as you could hear any leaks due to stationary position of the Flex?

Any simple way to test for intercooler leaks? Are there two separate inlets from each turbo, or is there a "Y" pipe before the intercooler inlet?

Good Luck!

Can you tell anything from the lambda readings for each bank?
In order to test intercooler I'd have to remove front turbo.
I'm thinking the plastic pipe or one of the BoV is just getting pushed out, it's VERY HOT here, plastic doesn't like it much.
I'm headed down to the shop where we were working on it yesterday. I'll report back.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

crash712us

The easiest and quickest way to find the leak is to use a smoke machine. Just pull air cleaner, the machine usually has a large conical adapter you can stuff in tube behind air cleaner. And start pumping smoke all leaks will be revealed.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -

crash712us

Looks like a fresh tear, could it be stock tubing isn't enough?

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: crash712us on June 23, 2013, 03:16:57 PM
I'm heading down to the shop to make a new tube today, hopefully they have some tubing small enough to connect to the witty bitty baby turbos. :)

I think 110+ degrees out doesn't help, probably work where it's not so hot, I don't know what the Livernois big turbo guys have done to accommodate their higher boost.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

DJE624

Glad you found it Mike!

crash712us

Quote from: DJE624 on June 23, 2013, 03:22:44 PM
Glad you found it Mike!
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on June 23, 2013, 03:18:38 PM
Quote from: crash712us on June 23, 2013, 03:16:57 PM
I'm heading down to the shop to make a new tube today, hopefully they have some tubing small enough to connect to the witty bitty baby turbos. :)

I think 110+ degrees out doesn't help, probably work where it's not so hot, I don't know what the Livernois big turbo guys have done to accommodate their higher boost.
Darrell is the only other person I know thats blown a hose, but he said it was all dry rotted. So it could have been a part from his henessey CAI.