• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MFT Navigation - Adding it - Cent WI Testing

Started by jmr061, March 01, 2015, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmr061

Quote from: jtoddk98 on March 03, 2015, 01:08:44 PM

Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 02, 2015, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 02, 2015, 09:53:04 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 02, 2015, 03:04:46 PM
Can i use the newest nav card in my car (already have nav)? I assume it's just the newer map pack?
Yes... I replaced my old one last week... plug 'n play
Awesome! Whats the latest one? Any recommended place to buy it?
you can get them on eBay pretty cheap. But ford usually sends them out when you update MFT to the latest version for free.

Since when?  Official ford word on the forums is you pay to upgrade nav cards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

Airbornemaikai

Yea they used to be free, no longer the case, now you gotta pay
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

jtoddk98

Wonder how much they are now. I know I ordered my mom the A6 card a while back for free in her explorer. My SHO is a 2011 so it has the gen 1 sync and navi (I prefer it to MFT) I'm still rocking the 2010-2011 maps, I could use an update lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

Airbornemaikai

Yea I need an update as well, lots has changed here in just two years, couldn't even find my wife's kid brothers school. They have a link through ford that will take u to where to order it, its something stupid like $120
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

panther427

Too me the updates to the maps should be covered while the car is under warranty. Or at least a couple years.
2013 SHO

wasinger3000

Quote from: panther427 on March 03, 2015, 03:27:56 PM
Too me the updates to the maps should be covered while the car is under warranty. Or at least a couple years.
Considering the price of admission at the start I would like to think at least one map update would be part of the deal.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Bosscav

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 02, 2015, 01:33:01 AM
This reminds me that I completely forgot about jmr's ability to completely disable the traction control protocols in my 2010 Non-PP.

jmr...... Do you happen to have plans to attend the Nat'l SHO Convention in Chicago this Summer?

There will likely be whole lots of Gen4 SHO's there to "play with" (including mine).

If not, I will have to make it a point to get my butt up North of the Cheddar Curtain to meet up with you.
Sign me up too! I would pay to have my ESC turned off. Jason, having Mike's car to test on might be just the ticket to solving our stability control problems!
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...

jmr061

Here is what I have found out so far.  Non NAV Apim units don't have a NAV license which appears to be a hangup.  I can enable NAV ad load NAV software into a non NAV unit but it still will not function as a NAV unit.  I can downgrade NAV units to do "Information" only and bring it back to NAV as it has a NAV license.  I even went so far as to take a non NAV unit, put it in my car and do a legitatemate APIM replacement procedure through PTS/IDS and it still doesn't add the NAV license.

So right now what can work is taking a used APIM that has NAV and custom configure it for your vehicle.  Much like the 4D Tech people are doing on ebay right now for $1200.  I suspect they have figured out how to add the NAV license though.

If anyone is truely a die hard and wants to add NAV to your 13+ Taurus I can probably do so for around $500 which would entail getting a used APIM and configuring it for your vehicle.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

Dr3K0

Quote from: jmr061 on March 27, 2015, 01:15:55 PM
Here is what I have found out so far.  Non NAV Apim units don't have a NAV license which appears to be a hangup.  I can enable NAV ad load NAV software into a non NAV unit but it still will not function as a NAV unit.  I can downgrade NAV units to do "Information" only and bring it back to NAV as it has a NAV license.  I even went so far as to take a non NAV unit, put it in my car and do a legitatemate APIM replacement procedure through PTS/IDS and it still doesn't add the NAV license.

So right now what can work is taking a used APIM that has NAV and custom configure it for your vehicle.  Much like the 4D Tech people are doing on ebay right now for $1200.  I suspect they have figured out how to add the NAV license though.

If anyone is truely a die hard and wants to add NAV to your 13+ Taurus I can probably do so for around $500 which would entail getting a used APIM and configuring it for your vehicle.

Hi, I sent you a PM requesting some information.

Thanks