• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO stock speaker sizes

Started by pejohnson, November 29, 2014, 09:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pejohnson

Can someone help me with the stock speaker sizes for my 2013 SHO?  I have the Sony upgraded system with navigation.  I believe there are 12 speakers.  Researching on Crutchfield, I found a few sizes.

Front center console - size?
Front side console - size?
A pillar - size?
Front doors - 5x7 or 6x8
Rear doors - 5x7 or 6x8
Rear deck - 6x9 or 5-1/4
Rear sub - size?

13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

themetalmaster

Rear deck has 3 speakers. 2x 6x9 ("Subs") and 1x 3.5in mid.
Center channel in front is the same 3.5in that is in the back.

Front Doors are 5x7 or 6x8. Some 6x8's do not fit. The speakers that say 5x7 or 6x8 on the specs usually fit.

Front tweeters in the a pillars are custom, but you can fit a 1in tweeter if you have fabrication skills.

The rear doors are coaxial 5x7 / 6x8's. Since they have a tweeter sharing an axis with the midbass Ford counts them as two speakers each.

So you have 4 speakers when counting the front doors and tweeters, 1 for the center channel, 4 speakers for rear doors, and 3 speakers in the rear deck. That makes 12.
2011 Ingot Silver Ford Taurus SHO 402A
Performance Package
Multi-Contoured seats
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 245/45/ZR20
2013 Brake Booster and Master Cylinder

pejohnson

Thanks metal master. Just what I needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

pejohnson

Am I correct in saying, that the A-pillar tweeters do not work when not in surround-sound mode?

ZSHO

I think the Audio system needs some improving and changes,thats why people are upgrading there speakers and amps,shame on so-called sony.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

A 01 Badger

So, knowing there are two 6x9 "subs" in the rear deck, and I am looking to add my own 10" box, Would I bridge my LC2 off of both of those speakers or just splice off of one?  In fact, should I disconnect both of those to avoid it muddling the sound from the larger sub?
Sold - 2013 SHO w/ PP LMS 93 Tune, 3 Bar, NGK Iridium Plugs, MDesign CAI,  30% tint

2018 XSport - AJP Turbo tune, Steeda Rear Sway Bar and Rear Trailing Arms

2011 Audi S4 mt6 - EPL Stage 2 tune, Injen intake, EPL supercharger pulley, RDX Billet trans mount, ECS sub frame inserts, JXB Performance Short Throw shift kit.

281Thunder

I ran a cheap line out converter off the two 6x9's in the back. Works like a charm and sounds perfect. This is with an 800w Kenwood amp and a 12" Alpine Type R. Although I may pull this setup out and put it in my project car, and go with a smaller Infinity Basslink setup.
2011 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: pejohnson on November 29, 2014, 06:43:50 PM
Am I correct in saying, that the A-pillar tweeters do not work when not in surround-sound mode?

My tweeters are on when in stereo... my center only functions in surround...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FracaSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 07, 2015, 10:53:54 PM

All my speakers work when not in surround mode, including the center.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: FracaSHO on January 07, 2015, 10:55:23 PM

interesting... but I'm covering it with the gauge pod anyway... I'll probably have the dealer check it out at the next oil change though.. Thanks!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FracaSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 07, 2015, 11:07:02 PM
Quote from: FracaSHO on January 07, 2015, 10:55:23 PM

interesting... but I'm covering it with the gauge pod anyway... I'll probably have the dealer check it out at the next oil change though.. Thanks!

I have a 2010 so it's possible they made a change for the 13' and up. I checked it out when I wanted to see how the sound would be affected if I installed crash's pod. Very little difference.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 281Thunder on January 07, 2015, 08:36:18 PM
I ran a cheap line out converter off the two 6x9's in the back. Works like a charm and sounds perfect. This is with an 800w Kenwood amp and a 12" Alpine Type R. Although I may pull this setup out and put it in my project car, and go with a smaller Infinity Basslink setup.
I wouldn't, I have a basslink in my ST, it would not be suitable for a bigger car IMHO.