• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Snow = donuts!

Started by ONLYA6, January 28, 2014, 07:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONLYA6

Since the roads have basically been covered in snow for the last few weeks - my PTU hates me.

You can hear the Turbosmart BOV faintly at the end.

http://youtu.be/wg8QneaEzek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

geswek

LOL; I did that the other day--but I was alone so I couldn't record it. :(

BiGMaC

FUN!....Don't we have great toys!?  :dude:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ONLYA6

If only they could be done for longer than ~30 seconds or so before the PTU overheats and shuts off. It's happened to me twice doing donuts as in the video in 2nd or 3rd gear. Whenever I'm just sliding around in wide circles it has never happened.

Steven

geswek

You have the performance package?

I never had any issues with mine and I was doing donuts for 10 minutes while in sport mode locked to 1st gear constantly hitting the rev limiter.

SHOdded

Do enough donuts, get ready to change the PTU fluid :D 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ONLYA6

Yes, I should have put it in the previous post - I think it depends on how much traction the wheels are getting and how fast they are moving (2nd/3rd gear). Usually doing donuts where the car just stays in one spot it'll get down past the snow and start catching asphalt.

Steven

geswek

Quote from: ONLYA6 on January 28, 2014, 09:47:30 AM
Yes, I should have put it in the previous post - it depends on how much traction the wheels are getting. Usually doing donuts where the car just stays in one spot it'll get down past the snow and start catching asphalt.

Weird; I didn't have that issue--though I tore up parking lot enough that she was skipping over tire tracks and at one point felt little like she was going to tip over haha.