• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dead Battery

Started by WickedSHO, February 15, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1crusher

Remember that awesome 850cc new replacement battery I put in a while ago....well....it died yesterday.

Noticed that it cranked kind of slow remote starting it yesterday morning.  Went to dentist, stopped at the Election Board and to see a new client.  It started back up all those time but I noticed on the last stop that my seat and steering wheel didn't return to my preset positions.  Hhhhmmm...odd.  No warning lights at all...nothing.

Drove home, parked it for a few hours and went to leave.  Dead.  Son of biscuit.

Got it jumped this morning and drove to the closest Ford dealership.  I was out of the 36 mo. full replacement so I was on the 100 mo. prorated portion.  56 months in and it was confirmed bad.  I was then told that the replacement would be full price if I wanted the full 36 mo. replacement or I could get a new battery prorated but the warranty would only cover the remainder of the first batteries time...44 months.  I took the latter option since I figured in 4 years I won't have the car anyway.  Still cost me $160 because it takes an hour and half to install batteries now.... ???

Probably could have gotten more time our of an Optima instead give what I had to pay for the first one plus this new one.

'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

nickstewartroc

Sorry to hear about your experience with it, makes me glad I decided to go with an AGM for that price with a 3 year free replacement warranty
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOdded

Personally I do not think Optimas are any better these days.  They used to have 7 year warranties, remember?

Almost 5 years - seems to me the MC battery did pretty good, would have been nice to get the 7 years out of it for sure tho.  Odyssey has a 4 year full warranty at nearly 1.5x the price, so ...

That install time is a pure ripoff.  Advance Auto or Autozone will have you in and out in 10 minutes or less.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!