• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dead Battery

Started by WickedSHO, February 15, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Hopefully the dealer sees it the same way.  It's like doing the timing chain, and you look at the belts and see they need to be replaced.  Because the timing chain is under warranty, you are paying the deductible, and thinking, ok they have to take the belts off anyway right?  I'll pay the price of the new belts to have those put on instead.  Dealer won't do it, and you are like, wtf?  They want to charge the labor + parts even though the needed labor has already been done for the warranty work.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOdded on February 28, 2015, 02:06:41 PM
Hopefully the dealer sees it the same way.  It's like doing the timing chain, and you look at the belts and see they need to be replaced.  Because the timing chain is under warranty, you are paying the deductible, and thinking, ok they have to take the belts off anyway right?  I'll pay the price of the new belts to have those put on instead.  Dealer won't do it, and you are like, wtf?  They want to charge the labor + parts even though the needed labor has already been done for the warranty work.

Dealer would lose that battle with me..if common sense didn't prevail heads would roll and I would be the reason someone at ford would have to tell their spouse they had a bad day...but it would've been self inflicted so I would sleep well
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

r1crusher

Well the good news was that the battery was bad and covered under the warranty.  But the bad news is they cannot upgrade me to a better battery and let me pay the difference. Warranty will only replace what was installed as built and that's it...period. So out came my debit card to pay for an 850CCA new battery at $130+ installed. Now I get a 36 mo. warranty free towing if it dies blah blah blah. That's nice but I have AAA so thanks. :/

Here's to hoping this thing lasts like a battery should.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

SHOdded

Hope the 850 recommendation works out for you!!!  Pretty annoying to have a thing like this nip at your heels all the time ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Best of luck with the new 850.had mine since last fall and so far really happy with it especially after hearing that its been the coldest Feb in 81 yrs!!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

Thanks to those that recommended the 850. It's just crap to have to foot the entire cost for the new battery but I don't want to have to worry about it for a long time. Now to just deal with the up to 8" of snow coming this way.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

Airbornemaikai

My battery died on my limited after about 10months and tons of corrosion. Ford kept telling me it tested fine and that they wouldn't replace it. After it finally died they replaced it with the exact same  one. Now on my Sport I was having issues as well so I just went and purchased a Diehard Platinum group 65 battery with 930cca and it's been great so far, but $250 and 60lbs later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

WickedSHO

Finally after several more trips back and fourth to the dealer. I am not issue free. Time to enjoy the car again!!!!

I did take the advice of a few of you and I check the ECU Stragety code and sure enough the dealer did change it, along with ECU SW Part ID. Both of those new codes have been sent to Livernois for updated tunes.

Hoping I get something back today from them so I can enjoy my ride once again!
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

SHOdded

Back to living the dream :)  Come on, LME!

WickedSHO

Man I suyre missed this side of the SHO.

Had some good weather this weekend in the CHi..SO I washed up the SHO, finally installed some new .30 gapped plugs and re-installed the 3Bar and loaded the tune provided by Anthony on Saturday (which was a surprise).

Car feels great....it truely is a different car when tuned. Much more fun to drive.

Did try a 0-60 run this morning.... 4.4 sec's....Not to bad...Stock best was 5.3. I still think there is a little bit more left to shave off....I'm hopeing I can get a 4.2 or 4.1......Now that would be awesome!

Have a good day fella's.....

Oh yeah, THANKS ANTHONY AND LIVERNOIS......STILL VERY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PRODUCT!  :bravo:
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

ZSHO

Great to hear you finally got your issues finally resolved at the dealer and were able to install your tune back,not for nothing but Anthony,Jaimie and the whole crew over at LME are really cool guys and have been accustomed to there fine service for quite sometime know,another note if you have sometime in the spring,take her to the track and see what kind of ET you come up with,instead of relying on on torque pro which can be always off by a little,good luck.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on March 16, 2015, 09:36:31 AM
Vroom Vroom!
-MANU reminds me of the Mazda commercial,LOL.

SHOdded

LOL ...  can't even hear the VV in the SHO ;)

WickedSHO

Oh yeah, once Great Lakes opens up, I'll be there.

Last time I was there, before the 3BAR, I ran a 13.1 at 115 MPH.

Hoping to break into the 12's easily I hope.