• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dead Battery

Started by WickedSHO, February 15, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slurppie

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 16, 2015, 09:09:21 PM
Quote from: slurppie on February 16, 2015, 09:05:59 PM
I had a 850CCA in my 2013 before it grenaded and they replaced it with a 650CCA model.

You blew up your SHO?
No the battery did

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

r1crusher

That's def. not good, slurppie.

PS - I see you're a fellow racer as well.  :)
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

slurppie

Quote from: r1crusher on February 17, 2015, 12:41:43 AM
That's def. not good, slurppie.

PS - I see you're a fellow racer as well.  :)

Never did any actual racing just track days with what used to be called NESBA, STT, and a few other local organizations.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

r1crusher

Gotcha...just assumed with number plates you might have.  I typically run and race with Moto Series but have done stuff with N2 and STT.   :beer2:

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.  :)
'17 XSport

WickedSHO

So I got the car back last night after it spent four days with the dealer.

They gave me a new battery. Exact same one, BXT-65-650. Sucks they didn't give me the upgraded one, but if it happens again, I will take it in again.

As for the oil leak. It was coming form the drain line from the right side turbo, not the oil feed line as I stated earlier. All new tube assembly.

The right axle is all new. New shaft and new hardware.

I'll drive it a day or two on the stock tune, make sure everythgin is all good....then back to the fun.
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

r1crusher

Well...car sat yet again for about a week and it's completely dead this time.  I had to use the key to unlock the door to get the hood open.  I was just getting ready to make a drive up from Cinci to the west side of Cleveland to visit my folks and then on Monday go to a new client in Canton.

This is totally unacceptable for a car that just a few years old.  I'll be stopping by the local Ford dealer while I'm up north to just get a new better battery and make them warranty it as well.

F@#$()!*$%!!!!!
'17 XSport

SHOdded

That would seriously annoy me too!  Hope the upgraded Motorcraft works out for you, maybe they will give you the 7 year warranty since they'll be installing it?  Also get yourself one of them newfangled lithium pocket jumpstarters :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FracaSHO

I had some battery issues as well when I first got my SHO (used). They replaced under warranty but with a 39 month battery, 650 CCA. I said screw it and bought an Interstate MPT-65 850 CCA. haven't had any issues and voltage is consistently 14.5

Cars been sitting in garage since mid November. I start it every couple weeks and starts up just fine.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SHOdded

Interstate's making a comeback!  Good to know, Brad :)  Anyone crack open the caps to check electrolyte levels/charge in the MC batteries?  If the case itself is weak, can't do anything about that ...

MC batteries are supposed to be maintenance free, right?  Those 2 caps may not be removable, IDK for sure.  If they are, there should be 3 cells under each cap that can be checked and topped off if need be.  At least 2.1V per cell.

ZSHO

The endurance of these M.C battery has been in question as of late,but in the
other hand they do offer free towing which is a plus.

MOTORCRAFT® TESTED TOUGH® MAX BATTERIES STARTING AT $119.95 MSRP.

With 100-month warranty.

With exchange. Taxes and installation extra. Warranty includes FREE towing on Dealer-installed battery. See participating dealership for vehicle applications and limited-warranty details.

Expires 3/31/2015

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Yeah, you'd think Ford has confidence in these batteries.  Hopefully they are not playing the Kia 10/100,000 warranty game.

ZSHO

x2 Agreed on that,overall the majority of people affected in my view are the ones living in real cold climates cause the M.C 65-650 is not suitable and does not have enough CCA for sub zero weather for our cars,on the other hand the M.C 65-850 not only has more CCA,but its more suitable for those who live in colder climates and you dont hear to many complaints in regards to the M.C-850,in my view they should correct and update the issue and expect a TSB in the very near future from all the complaints and replacements under warranty,not to good for the environment.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

Well, at the dealer this morning up here in cold ass northern Ohio...-8 this morning. Car did start this morning so I could get here at least. I guess the battery test they run takes about 45 min. I told them that I do not want the same 650 CCA battery put in it. They also have to check the in service date to find out if it could be covered under warranty. No matter because I have an extended warranty so.

I'll find out more here in the next hour...
'17 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: r1crusher on February 28, 2015, 09:01:06 AM
Well, at the dealer this morning up here in cold ass northern Ohio...-8 this morning. Car did start this morning so I could get here at least. I guess the battery test they run takes about 45 min. I told them that I do not want the same 650 CCA battery put in it. They also have to check the in service date to find out if it could be covered under warranty. No matter because I have an extended warranty so.

I'll find out more here in the next hour...
If its covered under warranty and both batteries being almost evenly priced why not just pay the marginal difference if it may be and just get the 850 cc.