• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dead Battery

Started by WickedSHO, February 15, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WickedSHO

So I went out yesterday to take the family mini golfing. I get in the SHO and it won't start. I just drove it the night before. So I tried to jump it but didn't want to take to much time since I had the wife and kids waiting in the other car.

So I left if for today. I got the car started after about 20+ mins of having it connected to another car this morning. after I let it run for a bit, My Sync was not working and the air bag light was on.

So I asked a buddy of mine he said I would eventually go away...Well the heat is runnin full blast and I can't get it to turn off. The control panel will not work.

So i figured it is time to take it in. So I took the 3-Bar out and out the 2-Bar back in. I returned it to stock with hope that the air bag and Sync would work, but nope light still on and Sync still not working, with heat running at full blast....

Any thoughts guys...I know I am taking the car to the dealer, but I would at least like to get the heat turned off.

Oh yeah, I have had the car since July last year and it was manufactured in May 2014.
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

AJP turbo

The bad resolution of the 3 bar is your problem....Sike! ZSHO you will learn to love me I'm not your enemy lol...

Anyway 2 degrees here and wouldn't you know my 14' wouldn't start either...After about 5 minutes I got it. I've noticed that after a reflash sometimes my heated steering won't get hot. I have to shut the car off and on then it works. And twice after a reflash my Console with all the HVAC controls was not responsive...No buttons worked...I did another reflash and waited until the SYNC rebooted then all worked. So now anytime I reflash I let the sync bar complete before starting the car.

Is there a TSB for these shitty Taurus batteries? I got mine in may of 13' and it's a 14' MY and the salesman told me that they threw in a battery because it sat on the lot awhile and was dead...So my battery isn't even a year old and it won't start in 2 degrees? Terrible...What's the model of the good battery that you guys are getting from Ford?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

BXT-65-850.  It is surprising that even just 1 year is too long!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 15, 2015, 04:29:15 PM
The bad resolution of the 3 bar is your problem....Sike! ZSHO you will learn to love me I'm not your enemy lol...

Anyway 2 degrees here and wouldn't you know my 14' wouldn't start either...After about 5 minutes I got it. I've noticed that after a reflash sometimes my heated steering won't get hot. I have to shut the car off and on then it works. And twice after a reflash my Console with all the HVAC controls was not responsive...No buttons worked...I did another reflash and waited until the SYNC rebooted then all worked. So now anytime I reflash I let the sync bar complete before starting the car.

Is there a TSB for these shitty Taurus batteries? I got mine in may of 13' and it's a 14' MY and the salesman told me that they threw in a battery because it sat on the lot awhile and was dead...So my battery isn't even a year old and it won't start in 2 degrees? Terrible...What's the model of the good battery that you guys are getting from Ford?
Just for you,how about that hug,if you have a multimeter you can check to see if it is acquiring the the proper voltage,just like SHOdded mentioned the new updated battery is BXT-65-850.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

:beer2: I just gave out my first thank you...How about that?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

As you are already aware that there is a 3yr/36 month warranty,so basically if you have time to take it to the dealer they will perform an amp rating and a draw test in order to consider a upgraded battery,personally always used anticorrosion on the terminals to help from the buildup.http://www.amazon.com/NOCO-MC303S-Anti-Corrosion-Terminal-Protector/dp/B001DKUTR0/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1421771012&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=anticorrossion+battery+terminal

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

WickedSHO

I already setup a 7:30am appointment for tomorrow. It's just frustrating and sad that I haven't had the car a year and I have a dead battery. This is the second time it's died. The first I jumped it and it was good. I chalked that time up to me leaving the back seat light on for my daughter.
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

TSB #TSB-14-0060

NHTSA ID #10055322

Date Announced:
MARCH 21 2014

Additional Info:
How to Fix

Summary: FORD: INTERCEPTOR VEHICLES WILL HAVE ERRATIC OPERATION WITH CLIMATE CONTROL BLOWER MOTOR AND WITH HEATING VENTILATION AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) MODULE, AN INABILITY TO COMMUNICATE, DURING REPAIR DIAGNOSIS. MODEL 2013-2014 EXPLORER, TAURUS
Could also be TSB related,considering you mentioned the erratic heat.

WickedSHO

Well I dropped the car off at the dealer this morning....Lets see what they say.

I'll update later.

wasinger3000

These batteries are a terrible fit for these cars. Mine died at the dealership when they were trying to work on it haha.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Pity the OEM batteries are not as sturdy as they should be!  Since the cost differential is minimal, they should move up to the 850cca as OEM for the SHO.  Is the MKS EB spec'd similarly?  What is y'all's experience so far?

WickedSHO

Question for you guys....I returned the car back to stock before I took it in...If they look through the computer, what will they see?

SHOdded

That the computer was flashed, unless they dig deeper, which they generally do only in serious cases.  Be sure to check (with your tuning device)  if they updated the PCM before reloading the tune.

ZSHO

What truly amazes me is the growing amount of SHO owners having these issues with there oem battery at an early stage,and there seems to be no TSB or bulletins to address this matter,the oem battery is 650cca rated,if the updated one is 850cca rated which has more amperage,leads me to believe a stronger battery is called for on the SHO or other E.B vehicles,just my 2cent.