• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SHO

Started by RagingPenguin, February 19, 2015, 01:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingPenguin

Well scratch the fuel line idea, it seems to have completely removed up my low RPM rattle I was experiencing but it still has my shift noise.

Right now I'm pretty confident the cars engine is fine. Its not knocking and I've got to stop looking there.
Now my attention has turned to the PTU or transmission as the noise is most prevalent under WOT as/after a shift.

New symptoms for little red
In traffic if I allow the car to idle forward by just releasing the brake its started to pulse forward. RPMs are fine while this happens. I would describe it as if the TQ converter is rapidly locking and unlocking, about every half second.
I've searched quite a bit and it seems there was several problems with PTUs for the 2010s, I'm suspecting I should check the fluid and see how it is, the car has never had the fluid changed and its at 56000 miles.
Thoughts?

SHOdded

Worth a shot, looking at the PTU/trans fluids.  If they have not been changed, then it will likely be time to do so.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!