• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is this?

Started by Airbornemaikai, April 14, 2015, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airbornemaikai

Yea I read the labels, yellow is meth red is ISO hence the name ISO, but it is labeled as fuel injector cleaner as well. I don't think they would market something that did nothing when they have another bottle already. So far it seems to be doing what it's supposed to, I will most likely switch to the yellow anyway after another bottle of the techron concentrate plus. Btw anyone have the BG injector service done and how much? The Chevy dealer here that does it quoted $210, that seemed rather steep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

Airbornemaikai

Also no more 93 and no more e85 anywhere even remotely close to where I live now :(

2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

ZSHO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on April 15, 2015, 05:18:32 PM
Yea I read the labels, yellow is meth red is ISO hence the name ISO, but it is labeled as fuel injector cleaner as well. I don't think they would market something that did nothing when they have another bottle already. So far it seems to be doing what it's supposed to, I will most likely switch to the yellow anyway after another bottle of the techron concentrate plus. Btw anyone have the BG injector service done and how much? The Chevy dealer here that does it quoted $210, that seemed rather steep

Airbourne best of my knowledge they are not recommending it anymore,its doing more harm than good and should just avoid it,you can add a can of BG-44K cleaner if you choose.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Airbornemaikai

Thanks for the heads up Z!

2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

glock-coma

I had the bg service done. IMHO it's not worth it. I had it complete for $106 out the door. So $210 seems steep.

I have a video that I just did to look at the valves at 39,000 just need to upload it.
I had the BG service compete at around 33,000
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on April 15, 2015, 05:25:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up Z!

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/12/induction-service-cleaners-can-damage-ford-ecoboost-engines.html  The result is it could lead to potential damage to the turbo's so if your out of warranty its not a good thing.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Airbornemaikai

Yes but you have had it done!? Also there is this, https://www.bgprod.com/bgfueltest/. So they've done it themselves and didn't seem to have any issues, but got results. I think I'm gonna get it done and see if it helps, I have a feeling I was running some really crap gas this past winter. Also the Infiniti dealer said $149 so cheaper than Chevy anyway
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

14SHOCAR

Quote from: ZSHO on April 15, 2015, 05:00:34 PM
Always try to get the yellow bottle that contains methanol,the red bottles has isoprpyl which you dont want.Z

ZSHO -- is this just to boost octane or keep the engine cooler? Inexpensive Meth injection?
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

ZSHO

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on April 16, 2015, 11:59:14 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on April 15, 2015, 05:00:34 PM
Always try to get the yellow bottle that contains methanol,the red bottles has isoprpyl which you dont want.Z

ZSHO -- is this just to boost octane or keep the engine cooler? Inexpensive Meth injection?
Its a little study on removing the excess water inside the tank,also a little boost and cleaner alternative.Z

FoMoCoSHO

Effective octane and in cylinder cooling....

There is much reading over in the E85 threads....

ZSHO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on April 16, 2015, 11:35:36 AM
Yes but you have had it done!? Also there is this, https://www.bgprod.com/bgfueltest/. So they've done it themselves and didn't seem to have any issues, but got results. I think I'm gonna get it done and see if it helps, I have a feeling I was running some really crap gas this past winter. Also the Infiniti dealer said $149 so cheaper than Chevy anyway
Airbourne that article fron B.G is from a few years ago,honestly would rely on the updated article which just came out a couple months ago,just trying to look out,no dis intended,BTW never tried it before and another note are you experiencing any symptoms like rough idle,poor mpg and etc,if not dont bother.Z

FoMoCoSHO

Can BG guarantee chunks wont come off and scar your pistons and turbos?

I would be wary otherwise....

SHOdded

I wouldn't think so.  There's always variability in substrate structure that would discourage a warranty being provided.  If you liquify everything instantly, could face the danger of hydrolock.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jtrain

Quote from: Frozen Taurus on April 14, 2015, 03:51:35 PM
All that is soot and water from the exhaust .... you might have a rich tune from LMS as most people tune to the rich side to allow for changes in environment

No need to worry

+1

I should show you where I fire up my G35TT, it'll never not be black lol.
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner