• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed tuning and Livernois tuning comparison on my SHO

Started by southtxSHO, February 12, 2015, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtxSHO

Before anything, I just want to clarify that I am posting this with the sole purpose to show the difference in tunes on MY SHO.
I have  been working  with Torrie for the past weeks on my tune , by sending him data logs. He said he felt very good with last revised tune he sent me so I said it's time for the track .

Ran a 13.3 as soon as I got to the track . I said okay it must that it need to cool down . So I waited 2 hrs and went at it again . Ran a 13.1 both launches were at 2k and no wheels spin.

Not being happy with the times I removed the current tune and loaded the LMS 4x tune . So off to the staging lanes I went and ran a 13.0 with wheel spin . Waited for car to cool down for 20 minutes and this time I launched it 2500 big mistake cause I spinned  even more . Ran a 13.1 . Wished I could of ran again but staging lanes closed . So there you have the comparison of both tunes on my SHO .
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

EcoPowerParts

Since both tune ran 105.X MPH (almost identical) I'd say your power from both tunes is almost identical :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

nickstewartroc

Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

2013 SHO PP

bpd1151

Interesting for sure.

Puzzled as to why you waited only 20min in between both runs with the LMS file(s) AND you chose to launch 500rpms higher on the 2nd LMS pull?

Seems perhaps based on your results, you could've eek'd out a 12.9 at the minimum by launching at 2K & allowing a lil more cool down time.

Either way, LMS by a hair w/ the 13.0 flat.

Nice job & thanks for posting!

Both tuners should be commended for their respective efforts. Bravo! :clap2:

southtxSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 12, 2015, 04:17:22 PM
Interesting for sure.

Puzzled as to why you waited only 20min in between both runs with the LMS file(s) AND you chose to launch 500rpms higher on the 2nd LMS pull?

Seems perhaps based on your results, you could've eek'd out a 12.9 at the minimum by launching at 2K & allowing a lil more cool down time.

Either way, LMS by a hair w/ the 13.0 flat.

Nice job & thanks for posting!

Both tuners should be commended for their respective efforts. Bravo! :clap2:
I was hurrying up before track closed . It was already past the cutoff time to close the staging lanes . The reason I chose to go 500 rpm higher was that I wanted that 12s second so desperately  and felt confident it wouldn't spin which I was wrong .lol
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

ZSHO

I guess it goes to SHO you each tuners limitations and how aggressive they can go without causing any potential failures to the E.B platform,a great way to safeguard your vehicle and having to explain to your warranty company.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

IHeartGroceries

Several uncontrolled variables may have skewed results. But I do agree it at least confirms they're not too far apart in the performance spectrum.
2013 SHO PP

ElvenSho

Glad they are so close. All I really saw was the same MPH which tells u everything. The actual time could be better for Unleashed tune if it was ran at the end of the day instead of before. In an hour or two things change. (track becomes stickier or weather). They are both great imo.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

middthrew00

Livernois Motorsports

Logging is not needed to tune on the EcoBoost platform, we have been preaching this for years. We never laid eyes on SOTX's SHO. And still won.

We know the inner-workings of the EB logic. We have put countless hours of time into the engineering of our own tuning software and hardware dev.

Thanks for the fair comparison. Clearly from the times, coupled with the fact that our runs had did not benefit from a 2 hour cool down, and the fat that it's overpowering the tires on the launch tells us what potential there is once you get traction with our tuning.

This is why we preach that datalogging is not required, because if you know how to tune these properly, then the car does everything you ask of it. Our out of the box tune outperforming a tune that has been tweaked for weeks just continues to show the amount of truth in what we are saying.

SHOnUup

Seeing as how you have the ability to swap tunes. Maybe try running Livernois tune for "say" a full day at least, and head to track with it as first runs. Then switch to the Torrie tunes.

Just an idea to try.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.