• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed tuning and Livernois tuning comparison on my SHO

Started by southtxSHO, February 12, 2015, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 18, 2015, 12:50:40 PM
Logging on your EB does not yield a better tune, the OP has independently and inadvertently proven this here.
I don't think any such thing has been proven.  This is one dataset out of many such possible datasets. 

As to what constitutes a better tune, is it the comfort level of the driver with the vehicle's behavior, is it that tenths of a second,  is it about breaking new ground?   Some people like to know for themselves what's going on with their machines.  Datalogging has its' place, and it is not in the shadows.

And by the way,  as vehicles age, their individual personalities do emerge based on the lives they have lived.  Datalogging can help identify problem areas and keep the tune in a safety zone.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

Quote from: SHOdded on February 18, 2015, 02:07:31 PM
Logging on your EB does not yield a better tune, the OP has independently and inadvertently proven this here.
I don't think any such thing has been proven.  This is one dataset out of many such possible datasets. 

As to what constitutes a better tune, is it the comfort level of the driver with the vehicle's behavior, is it that tenths of a second,  is it about breaking new ground?   Some people like to know for themselves what's going on with their machines.  Datalogging has its' place, and it is not in the shadows.

And by the way,  as vehicles age, their individual personalities do emerge based on the lives they have lived.  Datalogging can help identify problem areas and keep the tune in a safety zone.

I hear you.  But that is like saying Ford needs to personally log, collect, and comb through each persons car in order to install a baseline code.  Datalogging is a method to educate the tuner on how the changes impacted the vehicle.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

wasinger3000

Quote from: J-Will on February 18, 2015, 02:53:11 PM

I hear you.  But that is like saying Ford needs to personally log, collect, and comb through each persons car in order to install a baseline code.  Datalogging is a method to educate the tuner on how the changes impacted the vehicle.
What you just said is far from an acceptable comparison.

If this is to be a true comparison between both companies tunes then the unleashed tune should be used to its fullest potential by using datalog's.

Seeing that LMS does not offer datalog support then the tune you get from them is their highest offering for you car.

Why not use the entirety of what you pay for?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

J-Will

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 18, 2015, 06:08:20 PM

If this is to be a true comparison between both companies tunes then the unleashed tune should be used to its fullest potential by using datalog's.

Seeing that LMS does not offer datalog support then the tune you get from them is their highest offering for you car.

Or their tuner is knowledgeable enough to understand how the tweaks impact the vehicle from extensive in house tests and don't need the customer to show them what their changes did.

I can play this game all day. The customer only need be satisfied by their purchase. Two different companies, with two different approaches to put a customers mind at ease.
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

wasinger3000

Quote from: J-Will on February 18, 2015, 06:48:35 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 18, 2015, 06:08:20 PM

Or their tuner is knowledgeable enough to understand how the tweaks impact the vehicle from extensive in house tests and don't need the customer to show them what their changes did.

I can play this game all day. The customer only need be satisfied by their purchase. Two different companies, with two different approaches to put a customers mind at ease.
I don't think you quite grasp the concept at hand. Maybe your current kool-aid fueled ignorance is to blame.

NOT EVERY ENGINE IS THE SAME!

Hence a custom tune profiled by datalog's.

What do you think a dyno tune is? Oh yeah and LMS does dyno tunes. So that makes your previous statement idiotic.

I can do this all day.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

J-Will

Not quite sure what you're attempting to insult me with, but its spelled Kool-Aid.
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

wasinger3000

Quote from: J-Will on February 18, 2015, 07:17:17 PM
Not quite sure what you're attempting to insult me with, but its spelled Kool-Aid.
Auto correct got the best of me.

I'm not here to insult. Just don't approve of your uneducated blathering.

J-Will

Since I am uneducated, and you're the educated SME; I will look into purchasing tunes from you. Because of all of your first hand experience in the field.

Oh you don't sell tunes? Perhaps its best to leave the methodology to those that do. If one requires data logging file be sent back and the customer understands and is willing then so be it. If another tuner does jot require logs sent back, and the customer understands then so be it.
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

wasinger3000

Quote from: J-Will on February 18, 2015, 07:24:07 PM
Since I am uneducated, and you're the educated SME; I will look into purchasing tunes from you. Because of all of your first hand experience in the field.

Oh you don't sell tunes? Perhaps its best to leave the methodology to those that do. If one requires data logging file be sent back and the customer understands and is willing then so be it. If another tuner does jot require logs sent back, and the customer understands then so be it.
Hah.

Have you done any datalog's yourself?

Do you understand what a datalog is used for?

It seems you don't quite understand what is being discussed.

Jtrain

So the bickering is fun

But I'm more interested in what has a cleaner daily drive?
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

ZSHO

I apologize to interject,been there done that,have mutual respect for both of you guys,but at the end the clear winner is the vendor who's getting rich.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

SHOnUup

My car is different.....it's an animal...roar..lol...12.54...just sayin

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Looking at the time slips though, we need an intervention here regardless of tune in car to get those 60's closer to the 1.80 range. Are you dropping the tire pressure at all?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 19, 2015, 02:04:07 AM
My car is different.....it's an animal...roar..lol...12.54...just sayin

Rich
Whats all done to ur car? Is it a 93 octane tune? Thats quick I hope mine is as quick but I will be on 92 octane most of the time.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie