• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Future of Ford AWD is Here

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, February 04, 2015, 03:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-Time

I'm excited to see the 2016 Focus RS, but I'm not sure I can go back to a little car after owning an SHO.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

vernonator

Quote from: SHO-Time on March 26, 2015, 11:33:20 AM
I'm excited to see the 2016 Focus RS, but I'm not sure I can go back to a little car after owning an SHO.

Tru dat - the wifes Xsport was in the shop for a couple days this week after she got rear ended. They gave her a Fusion for a loaner, while it is a very nice car, its small compared to the SHO and Exsport.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHO-Time on March 26, 2015, 11:33:20 AM
Well, there's also the discomfort of the cockpit and lack of comfort options.....In 2013 I walked in for an ST and drove out with a SHO.

IHeartGroceries

And here I am, tossing around the idea of downsizing. The SHO is way too big a car for me, so it turns out...

Hell, I think owning a Fiesta ST would be a blast. If it weren't for the impossible back seat, I'd look into getting one!
2013 SHO PP

FoMoCoSHO

The Fiesta would be a blast....with AWD.

Being that my commute just shortened dramatically, I could see an RS in our future.

I hated the Recaros in the new ST and I doubt they will change that.

High Command also became car sick while riding on the test drive, something she has not experienced before or after.

PokerMunkee

The Golf R looks to be a blast.   It's in this month's Motor Trend against the STi and wins.  I'd rock one of those in a hearbeat!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

IHeartGroceries

Yup. I've always felt the Golf R/GTI was overhyped. Finally, one hits the market that may live up to years of publicational praise.

The new FoRS looks amazing. Simply amazing. It is, however, a sub 40 thousand dollar Focus. That's getting a little hairy. But then again...I'm driving a sub 50K dollar Taurus. LOL. Granted, non of us paid anywhere near that. So, the SHO rings in as a bargain. There'll be zero price leverage on the RS. Frankly, I'm trying to get away from pricey moderns, so I can restore my classics, or reach my ultimate goal of acquiring a nice mid 50s Buick Super. :D
2013 SHO PP

PokerMunkee

Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 27, 2015, 12:26:25 AM
Nice!

I want to have my SHO for a daily beater and have a pristine 2009/2010 (gotta have my bluetooth!) C6 M6 in the garage for my fun car.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

sunwolf

Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 27, 2015, 12:26:57 AM
Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 27, 2015, 12:26:25 AM
Nice!

I want to have my SHO for a daily beater and have a pristine 2009/2010 (gotta have my bluetooth!) C6 M6 in the garage for my fun car.
How did you quote yourself before you said what you quoted?
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

DirtDude

While the Golf R looks promising, the US version will see a loss in power over the UK & we won't have port injection so say hello to carbon build-up!
What's really great is how Ford has made this new system to match that of Nissan & Honda's AWD while being light weight as well.

Maybe the SHO will see the 9 speed tranny, revised AWD (light weight+RWD biased? YES) & we'll only drop to the 2.9 or 2.7 ecoboost. Hopefully we can keep the 3.5L though.

vernonator

Quote from: DirtDude on April 03, 2015, 08:07:56 AM
While the Golf R looks promising, the US version will see a loss in power over the UK & we won't have port injection so say hello to carbon build-up!
What's really great is how Ford has made this new system to match that of Nissan & Honda's AWD while being light weight as well.

Maybe the SHO will see the 9 speed tranny, revised AWD (light weight+RWD biased? YES) & we'll only drop to the 2.9 or 2.7 ecoboost. Hopefully we can keep the 3.5L though.

That would all be good...rumor has it that the new Taurus will be unveiled this month in China...hopefully with enough details on all the trim lines, including the SHO. I am REALLY wanting a new GT350, but I love the full-sized sedan form factor. If they up the ante with the SHO it could keep me in one.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)