• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tune degradation????

Started by Dxlnt1, February 02, 2015, 10:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 05, 2015, 11:52:58 PM
.15 looks like a healthy # to me to be losing at the track. But that's me. Torque isn't spot on for sure. Spin the tires at all and the #'s get out of whack. But it's a decent baseline to monitor some stuff for sure.

Rich

With 450-500 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels with a strong tune and spinning the front wheels briefly I don't think .15 seconds is a lot at all...Would barely be 1 mph..From amateur drivers running street class no less....But we can disagree with one another.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOnUup

No disagreement...just a different view I guess...every little bit counts. Shoot, if I get .15 from the downpipes I'll be happy. That'd be 12.3's, good start.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 06, 2015, 12:06:03 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on February 05, 2015, 11:52:58 PM
.15 looks like a healthy # to me to be losing at the track. But that's me. Torque isn't spot on for sure. Spin the tires at all and the #'s get out of whack. But it's a decent baseline to monitor some stuff for sure.

Rich

With 450-500 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels with a strong tune and spinning the front wheels briefly I don't think .15 seconds is a lot at all...Would barely be 1 mph..From amateur drivers running street class no less....But we can disagree with one another.
Have you ever been to the track with your SHO,which would like to see a pic of,carry on!!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Thx...I know, just felt this was a great spot to insert pic I like... ;)

Rich

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 06, 2015, 07:29:43 AM
Thx...I know, just felt this was a great spot to insert pic I like... ;)

Rich
You proved me wrong, :worthlesswithoutpics[1]: LOL.

J-Will

Dxlnt1 have you had the chance to reflash your tune?  What was the outcome, back to normal I hope!
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

AJP turbo

No. I have a 14' mustang GT with a Hellion twin turbo kit that that I was tuning on then in November when I finally starting getting the tune right with the SHO the track closed...So here in Pa I won't get to go out until april but I'm anxious to get out

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 06, 2015, 12:14:49 PM

No. I have a 14' mustang GT with a Hellion twin turbo kit that that I was tuning on then in November when I finally starting getting the tune right with the SHO the track closed...So here in Pa I won't get to go out until april but I'm anxious to get out
Maybe one day we can meetup at the strip,did you ever go to Cecil county dragway? i think here in n.y-n.j they open up in March,also if its not any trouble post a pic of your SHO,would love to see it.

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on February 06, 2015, 12:32:52 PM
Quote from: ajpturbo on February 06, 2015, 12:14:49 PM

Maybe one day we can meetup at the strip,did you ever go to Cecil county dragway? i think here in n.y-n.j they open up in March,also if its not any trouble post a pic of your SHO,would love to see it.

I'll work on a pic...But to be honest I'm not in love with the looks of the SHO. I feel like if you've seen one you've seen them all...Mine is stock appearing but with Police wheels with winter tires now, Tuxedo black. And I'm in Pittsburgh so Pittsburgh raceway park is the only place I've been.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Dxlnt1

Quote from: J-Will on February 06, 2015, 09:17:24 AM
Dxlnt1 have you had the chance to reflash your tune?  What was the outcome, back to normal I hope!

I tuned cars couple days after this posted. Car feels the same. The numbers on Torque went from 9 seconds to 6.

Until I can make a track run, will try ipone dash cam and android torque together. Then see.

But I believe the torque app is where problem is mainly. Still doesnt explain why though.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

ZSHO

There are so many variables and factors to rule out,but personally would do some preventative maintenance,grab a can of maf cleaner and remove both of the map sensors and IAT sensor and spray some inside,also do the same for the connectors,overtime dirt,oil buildsup inside and can lead to poor performance. http://www.amazon.com/CRC-Throttle-Body-Single-Use-Twin/dp/B0091KCH6U/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1423312147&sr=1-2&keywords=maf+sensor+cleaner

SHOnUup

Torque pro uses GPS I think for timing features like 0-60 and 1/8 or 1/4 mile...bet we're getting some kind of lag at times with those bouncing of satellites .

Adaptive learning...it's in these cars

Rich

ZSHO

AGREED,the major variables are driving style/ECM MEMORY,fuel and ambient weather.